Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel within USA with H4 Extension pending

Hello There,

I have applied for my Wife's H4 Extension on February 16,2017 and which is still under processing as of today. Her H4 Dependent Visa got expired on Feb 22, 2017.

We received I-797 receipt towards the the H4 ext application. Since her application is in pending, she does not have a valid State ID/Driver's License (The State of Virginia is not providing State ID as her H4 ext application is still under process).

Can she fly (Domestic) with in US with I-797 receipt along with passport ?

If not, could you please advise on how to fly within USA with current scenarios.

Thanks !

Yes. Domestic air travel does not have any immigration checks; so just a picture id (in this case her passport) is enough. But you can carry the receipt just in case (you travel close to the border, and come across a check point within the US).
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      Yes. Domestic air travel does not have any immigration checks; so just a picture id (in this case her passport) is enough. But you can carry the receipt just in case (you travel close to the border, and come across a check point within the US).

Thank you so much!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X