approved i-140 approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approved i-140 approved

HI can you guys please help. My GC was initiated by an employer but the Labor was not cleared during my 6 yrs of H1 stay so had to come back to India and joined another company. Now my Labor and I-140 is cleared through the previous company but they have conveyed that they are not in position to continue further with my H1 extension etc and have asked me to look for another employer as they are closing down.

1. For new employer will it be h1 extension on approved I-140 or it will be fresh H1 ?
    2. Within how many days of i-140 approval I should find a new employer? Is there any expiry date for i-140?
    3. can a get a job in US with i-140 and then file H1 Extension?

Originally posted by Surya1Sharma View Post
    HI can you guys please help. My GC was initiated by an employer but the Labor was not cleared during my 6 yrs of H1 stay so had to come back to India and joined another company. Now my Labor and I-140 is cleared through the previous company but they have conveyed that they are not in position to continue further with my H1 extension etc and have asked me to look for another employer as they are closing down.

1. For new employer will it be h1 extension on approved I-140 or it will be fresh H1 ?
    2. Within how many days of i-140 approval I should find a new employer? Is there any expiry date for i-140?
    3. can a get a job in US with i-140 and then file H1 Extension?
    1. H1 Extension
    2. No expiry date for I140. If 180 days passed after the I140 approval, H1 can be extended with a new employer.
    3. No. you have to first find sponsor/job and file for H1 extension.

Please check with an immigration attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by sanvellore View Post
      1. H1 Extension
      2. No expiry date for I140. If 180 days passed after the I140 approval, H1 can be extended with a new employer.

Thanks mate for the help

Comment

Originally posted by sanvellore View Post
        1. H1 Extension

Hi My current situation is I have my 140 approved for more than 180 days and renewed my visa based on 140 received h1b extension for 3 years until 2020 May.
        My 6 years h1 will be done by oct 2017.
        I have recently applied for h1b transfer and received h1b upto 2018 june for a perioed of 1 year.
        My questions:
        1. Can I use my previous employer 140 to extend beyond june 2018 or does the new employer need to get Labor and 140 filed before june 2018 which I don't think they would do before 1 year of employment.
        2. I haven't joined new employer can I continue working for my previous employer.
        3. My wife got my H4 EAD approved after the h1b transfer is approved, it is valid upto 2020 MAY based on my previous employer petition. I do not understand how come USCIS approve based on my previous employer petition after my h1b transfer is approved. I am in a dilemma what would happen to my wife H4EAD if I choose to change to new employer, would it be valid.
        Please respond this is a urgent situation, I need to make a decisson ASAP.
        Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X