Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advise needed on B1 to F2 (marriage status)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise needed on B1 to F2 (marriage status)

I am looking for a recommendation about marriage status on F1 and F2 visas.

Me and my BF are not married yet. I am planning about to appyly for F1 and we concern about my BF's status. There are 2 ways which we've found to follow;

1- We can get married and after 3 months we can apply for F1 and F2 as a married couple from our origin country, Turkey. But in this scenario very short marriage period would be a complication for consulate. Also we both don't have 100K USD in our bank account and always hear that lower money is a problem to get visa. It seems so risky.
    2- I can go with F1 visa and my BF can come with B1 visa as a tourist and then we will get married in there USA. Consequently we can apply Change of Status for him from B1 to F2 while we are in USA. We find this option closer to us because he wont have to come back to Turkey for this process. But we dont know what would be a problem for us.

Also as a 3. way he could try to get F1 visa for himself but this would be more expensive and risky for us. Moreover, he is not qualified for a student visa. He has his own company and for 9 years working as a owner engineer.

Finally our aim is to get E2 visa after 2 years living in USA. We need this duration to see around, to make market research and decide to which business we will go in exactly. Where should we start? Which one do you recommend us? Also do you have any other advise for other situation?

Anything you will say would be so precious for me.

Thank you so much

There will always be uncertainty as to whether you both can overcome the presumption of immigrant intent and prove the ability to pay to get your respective F-1 and B-2 visas. Your first steps should be to each apply for these visas, and then survey your options depending on what the outcome is

Be realistic about your prospects of getting E-2 visas if you don't have 100k in your bank account

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X