Job Change after I140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Change after I140

I had changed the employer after my I140 approval. The approval date was around 5 years ago and waiting for the PD to become current. The new employer have already initiated the PERM process. Now I have a job opportunity with my previous employer ( who did my I140 ans still valid). If I join back them, Is it possible to use the same I140 without restarting the process again? Is there any amendment needs to be done? Please reply

Thanks
    Sam

sam

what was the procedure to change the new employer , mine is same case. my old employer is not doing any green card process now, i got my I 140 approved around 10 years bk now waiting for the PD become current .but i need to find new employer to continue the process ..what is proceeder , heard my old PD will not lose but i need to file I140 again . if i need to file I140 again. should i go any premium process or normal process and how log will take the paper work again. i hope my PD become current soon

awaiting ur reply

Thanks

Prasad

Originally posted by sanvellore View Post
    I had changed the employer after my I140 approval. The approval date was around 5 years ago and waiting for the PD to become current. The new employer have already initiated the PERM process. Now I have a job opportunity with my previous employer ( who did my I140 ans still valid). If I join back them, Is it possible to use the same I140 without restarting the process again? Is there any amendment needs to be done? Please reply

Thanks
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by prasad11 View Post
      sam

what was the procedure to change the new employer , mine is same case. my old employer is not doing any green card process now, i got my I 140 approved around 10 years bk now waiting for the PD become current .but i need to find new employer to continue the process ..what is proceeder , heard my old PD will not lose but i need to file I140 again . if i need to file I140 again. should i go any premium process or normal process and how log will take the paper work again. i hope my PD become current soon

awaiting ur reply

Thanks

Prasad
      The new employer has to initiate new PERM process. Once the PERM is approved new 1-140 can be filed. For PERM there is no premium process.It will go around one , one-and-half year to get the PERM approval. I-140 can be done through premium and you can port the old PD. Hope this helps

Comment

Urgent Help Needed 140

Hi My current situation is I have my 140 approved for more than 180 days and renewed my visa based on 140 received h1b extension for 3 years until 2020 May.
        My 6 years h1 will be done by oct 2017.
        I have recently applied for h1b transfer and received h1b upto 2018 june for a perioed of 1 year.
        My questions:
        1. Can I use my previous employer 140 to extend beyond june 2018 or does the new employer need to get Labor and 140 filed before june 2018 which I don't think they would do before 1 year of employment.
        2. I haven't joined new employer can I continue working for my previous employer.
        3. My wife got my H4 EAD approved after the h1b transfer is approved, it is valid upto 2020 MAY based on my previous employer petition. I do not understand how come USCIS approve based on my previous employer petition after my h1b transfer is approved. I am in a dilemma what would happen to my wife H4EAD if I choose to change to new employer, would it be valid.
        Please respond this is a urgent situation, I need to make a decisson ASAP.
        Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X