How to get B1 in lieu of H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get B1 in lieu of H1B

I work for an Industrial Automation firm and generally our clients include courier companies, ecommerce companies etc. One of our clients which has offices in Dubai, US and India has purchased machines from us for all these locations. We faced no issues in getting visa for Dubai.
    However for installation in US, it seems I would need a B1 in lieu of H1B visa as the installation work requires some productive work to be done.
    Since my company has no branch in US, I can't apply for H1B or L1 type of visa. However my B1 visa was denied saying I can't do such type of work on B1 visa.
    Now, I am confused what visa I should apply for as the contract requires us to install the equipment at US site and also give the training to their staff to operate the same.
    Suggestions required from immihelp forum.

Originally posted by tuhimeranaam View Post
    I work for an Industrial Automation firm and generally our clients include courier companies, ecommerce companies etc. One of our clients which has offices in Dubai, US and India has purchased machines from us for all these locations. We faced no issues in getting visa for Dubai.
    However for installation in US, it seems I would need a B1 in lieu of H1B visa as the installation work requires some productive work to be done.
    Since my company has no branch in US, I can't apply for H1B or L1 type of visa. However my B1 visa was denied saying I can't do such type of work on B1 visa.
    Now, I am confused what visa I should apply for as the contract requires us to install the equipment at US site and also give the training to their staff to operate the same.
    Suggestions required from immihelp forum.
    Hire contractors to install it in US. You can come to train them how to operate after installation as you will receive no payment here. You can supervise the contractors` work by providing instructions by periodic meetings, for example and you can audit the installation in critical moments. No equipment is that hard to install that there are not good contractors in US to do it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X