Spouse name change in Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse name change in Passport

Recently we have gone through the legal name change process for my wife. We have newspaper advertisements published in both India and the USA, and the court order issued in the USA. Before I apply for her passport renewal to correct her name in her passport, I want to know -

What's the process to add/update her new name in my passport? I only see the following three options in the online application form -
    No Change Require
    Add Spouse Name (Addition of spouse name after Marriage)
    Do you want to delete spouse name.
    I am not sure what to select.

Also what's the process to add/update her new name in my kid's passport, if I select correct parent name option in the application, it requires a birth certificate or school leaving certificate as per the checklist. In our case the only supporting documents that we have is the court order issued in the USA, and the newspaper advertisements. Will these documents be sufficient for this process? I have already talked and sent an email to CKGS and their answer was "The documents requirement is as per the guidelines of the Consulate". I have also sent an email to consulate helpline but it was not helpful.

Please advise.

Thanks

Originally posted by RKumar30 View Post
    Recently we have gone through the legal name change process for my wife. We have newspaper advertisements published in both India and the USA, and the court order issued in the USA. Before I apply for her passport renewal to correct her name in her passport, I want to know -

What's the process to add/update her new name in my passport? I only see the following three options in the online application form -
    No Change Require
    Add Spouse Name (Addition of spouse name after Marriage)
    Do you want to delete spouse name.
    I am not sure what to select.

Also what's the process to add/update her new name in my kid's passport, if I select correct parent name option in the application, it requires a birth certificate or school leaving certificate as per the checklist. In our case the only supporting documents that we have is the court order issued in the USA, and the newspaper advertisements. Will these documents be sufficient for this process? I have already talked and sent an email to CKGS and their answer was "The documents requirement is as per the guidelines of the Consulate". I have also sent an email to consulate helpline but it was not helpful.

Please advise.

Thanks
    Its not clear if we are talking about Indian passport or US passport?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X