Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranfer of Green Card Process

Hi Everyone,

I have one question. My company was about to start my green card and I wanted to know if they can transfer someone else GC process who has the same job profile as mine. Someone who has same profile as mine left the company and his GC was in the process. I wanted to know if his GC process can be transferred to mine?
    If yes, can someone tell me what is the process of doing that? Few of my friends are saying that it is possible but I wanted to make sure it is.

Thanks.

"Green card process" is a terribly vague description, and covers the process from prevailing wage determination, recruitment, PERM application, and I-140 application. PERM and I-140 are not transferable to another employee. The PWD and recruitment processes themselves aren't specific to any particular employee, but if the other steps are already progress, may have occurred too long ago to be relied on for a subsequent PERM application

Comment

Transfer

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      "Green card process" is a terribly vague description, and covers the process from prevailing wage determination, recruitment, PERM application, and I-140 application. PERM and I-140 are not transferable to another employee. The PWD and recruitment processes themselves aren't specific to any particular employee, but if the other steps are already progress, may have occurred too long ago to be relied on for a subsequent PERM application
      Can you please explain in more detail what you mean. Can I transfer the application in my name or not? I think his I-140 application is processed.

Comment

No you can't transfer a I-140 to another employee

Comment

Can I transfer his priority date into my name that transfers the Labor? What is the best thing to do in this case?

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          No you can't transfer a I-140 to another employee

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X