Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-864 and other questions

Hello there,

I have a quick question regarding I 864 form and GC filing.

I am "immigrant" on H1B and employed full time since 2015 and I make decent money (6 fig) and also have appropriate paper work showing that I have maintained legal status since my arrival. My wife is an American Citizen by birth and she just graduated from university this summer. She is actively looking for a job and for that reason she do not have income at the moment. Her last two years income is also low as she was in college. Income during 2016 and 2017 probably was less than 20K. Neither of us have any major assets as we are fresh out of college.

We have joint accounts and all other required documents.

What should i do in this case? Since I have a job, can we file this as family income?

Please suggest me the best way to approach, of course something other than "She should get a job".

Thank you very much.
    Regards
    S101

yes, your income is counted as part of her household income (as long as you are authorized to work in the US, which you are) because you are part of her household

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

CR1 Query

What if you're married with a US citizen. But he can't do the Affidavit of Support because he's deployed in the military. Can you have a substitue sponsor for this case?

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        yes, your income is counted as part of her household income (as long as you are authorized to work in the US, which you are) because you are part of her household
        Thank you. This answers my question.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X