E-Visa to OCI Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Visa to OCI Conversion

Request for your help. I have a question regarding the E-Visa to OCI (applied in USA) conversion and extension of stay in India based on that, for my new born baby 3 months old.

I have applied OCI (from Florida, USA) for my new born baby and it was acknowledged by the government on 14th July 2017 with an estimated time frame of 42 days. I am waiting for the OCI, however due to certain reason my infant baby and wife needs to travel to India from USA on 28th Aug 2017. My wife and infant baby are planning to stay in India for an year.

Hence I am thinking of applying for E-Visa due to the fear that OCI may not arrive by that time. Request you to clarify the below each question.
    1) Can we extend the stay in India on E- visa beyond the limit of two months after having the OCI in hand from USA (sending via courier)?
    2) Lets say if baby travels to India on E-Visa along with Mom. Also, lets say I stay back in USA and with in 2 weeks after they left USA I receive the applied OCI. Shall I carry/ courier the OCI to my baby's home to extend the stay in India?
    3) Will there be any issues like infant leaving USA on E-Visa and entertaining USA back with OCI?
    4) Is it possible to convert from E-Visa to OCI status while being in India after receiving the OCI in hand?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Request for your help. I have a question regarding the E-Visa to OCI (applied in USA) conversion and extension of stay in India based on that, for my new born baby 3 months old.

I have applied OCI (from Florida, USA) for my new born baby and it was acknowledged by the government on 14th July 2017 with an estimated time frame of 42 days. I am waiting for the OCI, however due to certain reason my infant baby and wife needs to travel to India from USA on 28th Aug 2017. My wife and infant baby are planning to stay in India for an year.

Hence I am thinking of applying for E-Visa due to the fear that OCI may not arrive by that time. Request you to clarify the below each question.
    1) Can we extend the stay in India on E- visa beyond the limit of two months after having the OCI in hand from USA (sending via courier)?
    2) Lets say if baby travels to India on E-Visa along with Mom. Also, lets say I stay back in USA and with in 2 weeks after they left USA I receive the applied OCI. Shall I carry/ courier the OCI to my baby's home to extend the stay in India?
    3) Will there be any issues like infant leaving USA on E-Visa and entertaining USA back with OCI?
    4) Is it possible to convert from E-Visa to OCI status while being in India after receiving the OCI in hand?
    1)NO. E-Visa only allow to short time visit, you should not apply for E-visa if you know they are going to stay longer than 60 days
    2)NO. the passport entry to India was stamped for E-visa at the beginning
    3)YES. baby must leave the country within the time allowed and re-enter with OCI if needed
    4)No. no such thing at all.

the whole mess was a big wrong decision that applied for E-visa to India, regular visa only takes 3-5 days, which is similar for you to get the E-visa approved. who recommended you to apply E-visa to India?

Comment

Go with Entry visa

>>> No. OCI needs to be added to the passport. If the passport shows that baby is India (which they will know from the stamps), then OCI may not be approved if you apply from the US.
      >>> Same problem as above. Whether you send through courier or take it by yourself, doesn't matter.
      >>> When you re-enter US, only the US passport is considered.
      >>> No. I guess you will have to exit and re-enter the country with OCI stamp. Check with FRRO office in locations nearby to you. In the worst case, you can fly to nearby countries like SriLanka and Singapore and reenter India.

I think you can go with Entry visa instead of e-visa. You can apply for 1year or 5 year visa for the newborn. Later you can apply OCI after the baby return to the US. There may be some ways you can apply for OCI from India itself.

Here are some helpful links:
      ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

/india-entry-visa-fees/

Comment

Originally posted by sid1 View Post
        >>> No. OCI needs to be added to the passport. If the passport shows that baby is India (which they will know from the stamps), then OCI may not be approved if you apply from the US.
        >>> Same problem as above. Whether you send through courier or take it by yourself, doesn't matter.
        >>> When you re-enter US, only the US passport is considered.
        >>> No. I guess you will have to exit and re-enter the country with OCI stamp. Check with FRRO office in locations nearby to you. In the worst case, you can fly to nearby countries like SriLanka and Singapore and reenter India.

I think you can go with Entry visa instead of e-visa. You can apply for 1year or 5 year visa for the newborn. Later you can apply OCI after the baby return to the US. There may be some ways you can apply for OCI from India itself.

Here are some helpful links:
        ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

/india-entry-visa-fees/
        regard to the second question " 2) Lets say if baby travels to India on E-Visa along with Mom. Also, lets say I stay back in USA and with in 2 weeks after they left USA I receive the applied OCI. Shall I carry/ courier the OCI to my baby's home to extend the stay in India?" I need to correct your answer:
        the US passport when the baby enter the custom, was stamped how how many days allowed to stay. If the father is bring the OCI back in person or by mail, which acyis illegal and I won't suggest people in this way, the baby's passport with visa stamp will not be changed if never existed to the neighbor country like Nepal, and re-enter to India. So i can suggest the family carry the baby out within the allowance time to stay in India with OCI card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X