Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a person start consular processing a year after her green card is approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a person start consular processing a year after her green card is approved?

Hello dear friends,

I am currently living in US. I am asking a question regarding my family's situation. My father is planning to apply employment based immigration through National Interest Waiver. He is a medical scientist with more than 100 peer-reviewed papers and lots of citations. We expect him to get green card easily. I have a 17-year-old sister who will be included in the application. My father lives in Nigeria and sister is living in Turkey, our home country. My sister does not have a passport now. She can't get a new one due to political reasons in Turkey. She will hopefully get a new one on September 2018 when she is 18. My question is that if my father applies now and get approved, will my sister be able to start visa process months after the approval? Does being in different countries affect their process? Like are they supposed to go to interview together in the same country? If these will be a problem, we will just wait until she gets a new passport, then my father will apply for NIW.

Thanks for your answers,
    Best

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X