Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking to stay more then an year in the states

Hello,

I'm a small business owner from Pakistan and now thinking to expand my business in the states. I've plan to register my company and market it over there as well. As the US is biggest market for our products. I would like to know the following:-

1- Which visa is best for me?
    2- Can't afford to be an investor as of now?
    3- B1 visa will allow me to stay for 6 months initially and will travel to Mexico for couple week and get back to states for 6 months will it work like that for me?

Looking for earliest help.

Thanks,

Shahzad

Originally posted by shahzadg View Post
    Hello,

I'm a small business owner from Pakistan and now thinking to expand my business in the states. I've plan to register my company and market it over there as well. As the US is biggest market for our products. I would like to know the following:-

1- Which visa is best for me?
    2- Can't afford to be an investor as of now?
    3- B1 visa will allow me to stay for 6 months initially and will travel to Mexico for couple week and get back to states for 6 months will it work like that for me?

Looking for earliest help.

Thanks,

Shahzad
    The only way for you to come is as an investor. Is your country good for E2? That will be the easy route. There are chances for L1A when you open a branch of an well established business (or buy one)...is that your case? In this case, you can stay for 12 months and have to prove later your business is doing great. You will have to create some jobs and make it grow fast. Is there an US person that could open the new office? And maybe you two can have offices and you can make it for L visa?

B1 visa will allow you 6 months. If you leave and try to re-enter...hum...not good. They may allow you in for just a few weeks (this idea that you will always get 6 mo is not that simple) or they can deny your entry. Remember, B1 is not for this use you are trying to do...in case they allow you in, in the third time...you are done. This means you are abusing your visa. If it was simple like that, all people could live in US just having a visitor`s visa and spending vacation in Cancun.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X