Can't apply for OCI because of Spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't apply for OCI because of Spouse

It seems highly unfair that I cannot apply for OCI because 28 years ago my husband worked as a US Marine. My parents still live in India, and after being here for so long I want to go and take care of them and be able to serve my native land, but am being denied this status. Although Govt. of India's website did not ask this question, Cox and Kings application won't let me proceed further.This policy is irrational and unfair. Has anyone with similar background applied for OCI? Is there an appeal procedure?

Originally posted by Soniax View Post
    It seems highly unfair that I cannot apply for OCI because 28 years ago my husband worked as a US Marine. My parents still live in India, and after being here for so long I want to go and take care of them and be able to serve my native land, but am being denied this status. Although Govt. of India's website did not ask this question, Cox and Kings application won't let me proceed further.This policy is irrational and unfair. Has anyone with similar background applied for OCI? Is there an appeal procedure?
    unfortunately, it is true if any of the family members had ever worked for the foreign country, OCI is not eligible. it is not CKGS issue, is the government of India regulation

Comment

Originally posted by Soniax View Post
      My parents still live in India, and after being here for so long I want to go and take care of them and be able to serve my native land, but am being denied this status.
      Do you still hold Indian Citizenship? Am not sure how you can "serve" without holding Citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by tampaite View Post
        Do you still hold Indian Citizenship? Am not sure how you can "serve" without holding Citizenship.
        doesn't matter, once served he/she and the family members cannot apply for OCI until the rule change in some day.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X