H1 VISA IN Processing and switch company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 VISA IN Processing and switch company

My friend is currently on OPT and working full time for company A. Another company B applied for H1 and it got picked. If my friend wants to move to move to company C (full time ) during this time (H1 processing time)

Is it okay to move to company C?

Please note H1 processing I meant that that the case was received.

Originally posted by sdd View Post
    My friend is currently on OPT and working full time for company A. Another company B applied for H1 and it got picked. If my friend wants to move to move to company C (full time ) during this time (H1 processing time)

Is it okay to move to company C?

Please note H1 processing I meant that that the case was received.
    Was H1 applied as COS?

Comment

Yes h1 applied as cos.

Comment

No he can't. His H-1B will only be counted towards the cap if he works for the sponsoring company in an H-1 status for atleast 1 day. Nowadays you cannot transfer a visa unless it has been counted towards the cap. Also he will need atleast 3 paychecks from the H1B sponsoring company for a transfer so he will have to work there till he gets 3 paychecks.

Comment

Switch company while H1 in processing

If the sponsoring company has three paychecks before october1 will that work?

Or do I need to have the paystubs after October1 as well?

How is the paychecks number 3 be counted?

Thanks

Originally posted by appar View Post
          No he can't. His H-1B will only be counted towards the cap if he works for the sponsoring company in an H-1 status for atleast 1 day. Nowadays you cannot transfer a visa unless it has been counted towards the cap. Also he will need atleast 3 paychecks from the H1B sponsoring company for a transfer so he will have to work there till he gets 3 paychecks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X