Green Card Renewal nightmare!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Renewal nightmare!!

I submitted my green card renewal with $540 fee 09/16 bio metric's done 12/16. I checked my status March and could not find any information so I called and was told they are about one year behind so I never checked for a while. I entered my receipt # in June and got an error so I called to check on the status. I was then told they are working on submissions from 08 /16 so it should only be a month or 2 when I inquired as to why my receipt # gives me an error I was transferred to 2nd tier who told my me card was delivered April 24, 2017. I said I never received it and was given a USPS tracking number. As it turns out if USPS GPS coordinates (which thy wont tell you) puts him/her in front of your house that it is case closed per USCIS you pay and resubmitt, does not matter if it was stolen or never in your possession you have pay anther $540 . During this process I got 5 different answer from 5 different people which included to include a fee waiver with documentation for USPS and theft report form the police-USELESS. I have paid an other $540 and have to drive to Buffalo again and spend more money in tolls and gas. All this and no guarantee I'll get the next one ALL THIS BECAUSE USCIS WILL SEND A $540 document certified mail or at least signature required!!!! ITS A SIMPLE SOLUTION. I was told by a USCIS agent the police and my congress woman that this is not an uncommon situation and there is absolute nothing that can be done. USCIS profits off of Resident Alien's whose cards get stolen before they even get them. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOU RECEIPT NUMBER OFTEN LIKE EVERY DAY (EVEN IT TAKES A YEAR) TO SEE IF THERE IS A TRACKING NUMBER GIVEN SO AT LEAST YOU HAVE HEADS UP THAT IT ON ITS WAY. DON'T END LIKE ME HAVING TO PAY $1080(SO FAR) FOR MY CARD! I have subsequently disputed the original $450 charge with my credit card company I will follow up with this post so see what happens!
    Last edited by Midnight; 08-01-2017, 02:29 PM. Reason: more information

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X