X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa rejection inputs needed

Hi ppl,
    I am Madhuri
    I applied for F2 visa at Chennai consulate last month and got rejected under 214(b). My husband is doing his PhD in NMSU and has almost 18 months on his F1 Visa.
    Me and my husband met through arranged marriage and we met in the US while I had went on B1/B2 and it's valid for the next 10 yrs
    Vo asked questions about where we met and when we met bt did not ask anything related to wedding like wedding cards or photos etc.

He did ask if my husband is getting a waival and hen too it he has an assistantship,which I couldn't answer clearly hence showed him my I-20 from his University.
    He did ask me how he is going to support me during the stay and I told him he has assistantship and I have savings from my previous employment. He did not look at the statements though

He said he couldn't approve my Visa
    I am planning to appear for the second time after month and change the sponsor to my mother. Will that help ?
    Also, what would be the balance I should be showing essentially? I am planning to show around 6lacs from my mum a accnt and almost 7k USD from my husband bank and around 10 lacs from my mother in law's account.

I am not able to figure out as to what might be cause for rejection other than the assistantship question asked.

Will the reason have to do with my husband having 17 months valid F1 Visa ? Please help

How easy or difficult to change status by going on B2 and applying for F2 in the US ?

Not an expert on this, but here are my 2 cents regarding the issue.
    He did ask if my husband is getting a waival and hen too it he has an assistantship,which I couldn't answer clearly hence showed him my I-20 from his University.
    Re-study his current scenario - whether he got assistantship, waiver, his courses and why is he doing PhD.

Changing sponsor to mother doesnt seem to be a good option. For any visa rejects, its not better to change something as the changes would be tracked. What if the VO asks you about the change in sponsor?
    Also, do you have any strong home ties to show that you will return with your husband to India after his PhD? Evidences such as properties or financial statements in your name is needed. And, its not really about the balance that you have. It has to do with the financial ties that you have in India.

How easy or difficult to change status by going on B2 and applying for F2 in the US ?
    Not sure of this process, however have you verified if your B2 is valid? I have heard of shocking scenarios where they sometimes cancel B2 if F2 gets rejected. (I hope they havent revoked ur B2 Visa).

Last, ask your husband to approach his local state Senator to assist on this regard. They would be willing to offer help for situations like these. All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X