Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to US with pending approval for i-130

Hi All
    My husband filed for an i-130 application in May 2017. As per the current trend we are expecting the approval of the i-130 in Nov.
    I am a doctor currently employed with a hospital in India. I need to give a licensing exam in US that can only be scheduled before May 2018 and has to be given in the US. I have a valid tourist that I obtained in 2 years ago with validity for 10 years

I was hoping to travel to the US on the tourist visa and have the following questions:

1)Will I be allowed to travel on a tourist visa with a pending immigrant application.

2)if I do travel, should I try to schedule the exam before the expected i-130 application approval

3) In the event that I am not able to gain entry to the US, will this in anyway affect my immigrant application.

Please advise me what could be the best option in this situation.

Originally posted by snehapatil View Post
    Hi All
    My husband filed for an i-130 application in May 2017. As per the current trend we are expecting the approval of the i-130 in Nov.
    I am a doctor currently employed with a hospital in India. I need to give a licensing exam in US that can only be scheduled before May 2018 and has to be given in the US. I have a valid tourist that I obtained in 2 years ago with validity for 10 years

I was hoping to travel to the US on the tourist visa and have the following questions:

1)Will I be allowed to travel on a tourist visa with a pending immigrant application.

2)if I do travel, should I try to schedule the exam before the expected i-130 application approval

3) In the event that I am not able to gain entry to the US, will this in anyway affect my immigrant application.

You may please speak to the local Embassy and explain your case.

Comment

Originally posted by snehapatil View Post
      Hi All

You will get people who will tell you this is okay to do. (Travel to the US with an I-130 pending). However, customs will know that you have an I-130 pending (or approved) and there is a risk that you will stay for AOS. It will be up to you to convince them that you are only visiting.

A denial could affect your immigrant application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X