Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa approved in second attempt

Hello All,

Sharing this story of my spouse's visa interview so that it might benefit other folks who are in same situation as mine. I am in F1 visa, recently graduated from my Master's degree and have been working in USA for a month. I have been married for 3.5 years and was trying to bring my spouse from India to USA on F2 Visa.

First F2 attempt in Chennai:
    Date: 2nd week of July

VO: What is your purpose of visit?
    Me: F2 Visa to support my husband at USA
    VO: What is your husband doing?
    Me: He is working at .............. ("Working" might have been a wrong keyword here)
    VO: Is your husband in F1 Visa?
    Me: Yes
    VO: Sorry, i cannot approve this time
    The interview was over and no documents were requested either.

We decided to seek help from Senator office, explained them the scenario and confirmed my intention of working in USA during OPT. Also, showed home ties for me and my wife (properties, financial investments made, etc)
    Second F2 attempt in Chennai:
    Date: 2-Aug-2017

Thankfully, the VO was a very pleasant looking lady, a face I will most likely never forget for the rest of my life
    She asked for my i-20, husband's Visa copy and passport.
    VO: so, you are joining your husband?
    Me: yes, want to support and be with him
    VO: where will you be going
    Me: Mentioned the location
    VO: when did he graduate?
    Me: (fumbled a little) June 19th oh sorry, may 19th 2017.
    VO: when did he start working?
    Me: 19th June 2017. And showed her the i-20 in which it was mentioned.
    VO: where does he work?
    Me: told. Showed her the name of the company mentioned in the i-20.
    VO: what is his salary?
    Me: told.
    VO: what are you doing?
    Me: I am a student pursuing distance education from Acca uk
    VO: so you are studying to be a chartered accountant
    Me: yes
    She asked me to wait for a while and switched off the mic. She met her colleague who was waiting to speak to her, talked with her and then to another. Came back after 3-4mins and started typing
    VO: what is his salary?
    Me: told
    VO: what does his company do?
    Me: Informed about company's business (my husband informed me about this)
    VO: how did u meet your husband?
    Me: (Relieved to hear such a question) through our families
    VO: so it was an arranged marriage?
    Me: yes
    VO: with a straight face, types away to glory
    VO: how long have u been married?
    Me: close to 4years
    VO: where do u stay?
    Me: with his parents (my in-laws)
    VO: again went for 2mins, came back and scanned my passport
    (Heart in my mouth situation for me, yet again, waiting for the final decision, a decision which will make or break our lives)
    Then my parched ears heard those golden words..."I am approving your visa, have a pleasant stay at the us". Did that just happen? Did my visa just get approved against all odds? Did i really hear her right? I felt a current pass through my entire being, from top to toe.
    I just picked up the i-20, Visa copy of my husband and turned to leave, this time without my passport, eyes brimming with tears of happiness and gratitude.
    Yes, miracles happen.

Lessons learnt:
    Dont be disappointed reading about the negative reviews in Internet. People who succeed rarely have time to post about it. Be clear on your explanations and make the intentions very clear. (Little stutter could cost dear). Show strong home ties (Properties/Finances/etc) and do hope for the miracle to happen..

Applying for F2 visa for the second time.

Hello Siri,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I am very much afraid by looking at negative experiences regarding F-2 visa rejections online. Your post gave me some hope.
    My wife's f2 visa got rejected first time(May 16th 2017). I am going to apply again this month. As you mentioned in the post that you reached Senator office to explain your intentions, Could you please let me know, how we can approach senator office and where is it(I am also applying in chennai).

I messaged you my number and email.
    If you can spare few minutes for us, it will be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Jagadeesh

Comment

F2 visa rejected

Hello friends anyone can help me..first time i applied for visa frm chennai embassy nd got denied 214b...Nd now again m planning to apply..is it compulsory that again i need to fill chennai or any other place i will go for interview..

Comment

F2 rejected

Hi Swati,

Same with my case in hyderabad on 3/20/2018 "F2" rejected.

Need help from the people how can i get visa on this as my OPT will be ending in next 5 months and i have extension of two more years after five months.

Can i change the interview language so that my wife can able to explain in better way.

Please guys help us out on get through this visa.

Case history of my wife:
        Hi,

I?m a Masters student currently working on my OPT started on (3/10/2017 and ends 3/10/2018). I will be applying for my OPT extension by ?1st June 2018?. Then my OPT will be extending for two more years up to ?NOV 2020?.

I have got recently married on ?1st March 2018? and came back to USA on 4th march 2018.

My wife has applied for ?F2? on ?20th march 2018? and got rejected by ?214(b)?.

The interview follows as:

VO: Which visa applied for?

ME: F2 sir.

VO: when did u got married?

ME: 1st march 2018

VO: arranged / love marriage?

Me: arranged

VO: Did your husband with you now?

ME: No he left day after my marriage.

VO: Started typing and said sorry young lady I can?t disclose the reason your visa got rejected.

As my wife tried ?F1? visa 5 times in the past and it got rejected.

1. In Hyderabad took additional document verification and got rejected after two days.

2. In Chennai got rejected with just simple question which university.

3. Hyderabad got rejected try next intake.

4. Hyderabad got rejected stating we cannot change the decision which is given earlier.

5. Hyderabad got rejected and asked for supervisor review for what reason it is being rejected. "They told that we think you are going to work in USA not for study hence we are rejecting."

I have seen a post regarding senator help please let me know how to go and how can it help in what way.

Thanks in advance.
        Sagar

Comment

F2 Rejected in hyderabad 3/20/2018

Hi ,

Hi,

I?m a Masters student currently working on my OPT started on (3/10/2017 and ends 3/10/2018). I will be applying for my OPT extension by ?1st June 2018?. Then my OPT will be extending for two more years up to ?NOV 2020?.

I have got recently married on ?1st March 2018? and came back to USA on 4th march 2018.

VO: Started typing and said sorry young lady I can?t disclose the reason your visa got rejected.

1. In Hyderabad took additional document verification and got rejected after two days.

4. Hyderabad got rejected stating we cannot change the decision which is given earlier.

5. Hyderabad got rejected and asked for supervisor review for what reason it is being rejected. "They told that we think you are going to work in USA not for study hence we are rejecting."

Please help me out what can i do/ suggestions.

Can i reapply my F2 on change of language?
          Can i wait till 5 months after my OPT extension can i apply?
          How to reach out for senator on this and how would that will help us?

Comment

f2 visa rejected 3 times.

Originally posted by sagar@123 View Post
            Hi ,

Hi,

Please help me out what can i do/ suggestions.

Can i reapply my F2 on change of language?
            Can i wait till 5 months after my OPT extension can i apply?

How to reach out for senator on this and how would that will help us?

can you give me guidance how to approach senator office in hyderabad and what is the procedure.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X