CSPA for an aged out child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPA for an aged out child

I was notified by the USCIS/NVC that my immigrant visa petition was approved. My derivative daughter turned 21 last July 27, 2017. Neither myself nor my daughter had any knowledge that an immigrant visa was available on my case until I received the NVC letter 1st week of February 2017 (dated December 7, 2016) and the Manila Embassy letter dated April 25, 2017. The case was in retrogression for over 10 years and these letters are the first dates that we became knowledgeable that the visas are available. She completed the DS 260 before turning 21. Can somebody please confirm that so long as she completes the DS-260 Application before her turning 21, that she will enjoy the protection afforded under the Child Status Protection Act that will allow her visa to issue after she turns 21?

We had our Embassy interview lat July 21, 2017 and we were informed that my daughter was ageing out. Is it possible that NVC or USCIS may rule otherwise and confirm that my daughter is still eligible for CSPA if we ask them about it?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X