Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Transit Visa Requirement for 2 Scenarios (Different Airlines, Different Airports)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Transit Visa Requirement for 2 Scenarios (Different Airlines, Different Airports)

I have a question for 2 different scenarios (below) for which I am seeking clarification if a person is required to obtain a UK transit visa to catch a connecting flight to the U.S. This person is a citizen of the INDIA and has a United States green card (i.e., permanent resident of the U.S.)

Scenario A: Flight from New Delhi to New York via London Heathrow. One flight (New Delhi to London Heathrow) is on BRITISH AIRWAYS, and the other (from London Heathrow to New York) is a different airline – VIRGIN ATLANTIC. If the person is required to collect his or her bags in London from the British Airways flight (i.e., therefore has to pass through UK passport control/immigration), and then have to recheck the bags to the Virgin Atlantic flight from LHR to New York, will the person require a UK transit visa? The time at LHR to make the connection is 6 hours.

Scenario B: Flight from New Delhi to New York via London. One flight is from New Delhi to London Heathrow, and the other connecting flight is from London GATWICK Airport to New York (i.e., arrival and departure airports at London are different. Will the person need a transit visa? The time to make the connection in London is under 6 hours.

Thank you in advance for your patience in reviewing the scenarios. The reason I am asking this question is that I can’t get clarity on the UK visa web site, and I want to have direction on whether a visa is required or not.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X