Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biometrics for I-131 re-entry & I-90 GC replacement (within 90 days/3 months)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics for I-131 re-entry & I-90 GC replacement (within 90 days/3 months)

Hi all.

I have some questions here.

Currently I am out of the USA - but will be in USA within 1 month. The expected duration of stay would be exactly 3 months.

Within that 3 months, i would like to apply the following documents:

1. Green Card replacement I-90 for myself (my GC is MIA - tracking says it is delivered but no where to be seen - USCIS helpline said if it is said as Delivered, nothing else they can do)
    2. Green card replacement I-90 for my toddler (no biometric - and no need to come in-person) [same case as mine]
    3. Re-entry permit I-131 for myself
    4. Re-entry permit I-131 for my toddler (no biometric - and no need to come in-person)

Re-entry permits are to be delivered to the US embassy in Malaysia.

My toddler and I both have a valid I 551 stamp on our passports (but will expire end of this year).

Questions:
    1. From my readings, i've come to understand that my toddler would not need to have his biometric taken. Can other verify this as well?
    a. therefore i would not need to pay for biometrics in both I-90 and I-131 right?
    b. i do not need to bring him to any of the interviews right?

2. Would 3 months be enough for me to reach to the point of the biometric to be taken?

3. If the answer for No 2 is NO, then what are my options? I am not sure if i can prolong my stay in the USA longer than 3 months as it is putting a lot of strain on me financially. (changing flight would cost a lot of money too).

I plan to be back in the USA for good maybe middle of next year (a huge maybe there - hence i need to have the re-entry permit in place).

anyone?

Comment

These applications take so long to process these days, I would apply sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
        These applications take so long to process these days, I would apply sooner than later.
        My current concern is that, suddenly USCIS became very efficient and schedule my biometric BEFORE I ARRIVE in the USA.

Also, i can only apply for I 90 while being away from the USA, and for I 131 i still have to step feet into US soil before i can submit the application.

I would have hoped that my toddler would not have to go to the biometrics appointment - meaning once i submit his form, all i have to do is just wait.
        Last edited by abumiqdad; 08-05-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X