Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 eligibility

Question 1)
    I did not find the answer below (maybe I am not looking right, sorry). As for the eligibility question; they say mark only one answer. It is either that you have been A: lawful permanent resident for at least 5 years OR or B: at least 3 years and marries to USC. Well I have both - I got my 2nd (with condition removed, for 10 years) green card in 2009 and I still live with the same guy (who I still love :-). I would say A but not sure.

Question 2)
    I have not traveled from US for extended time period except for 3 days to Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada last year on vacation. However I go to Canada on (almost) daily basis, I am engaged in export business (trucking, I transport produce over the border). I can provide a list of all dates of all loads I delivered (e.g. From: Port Huron, Michigan to Toronto, Ontario, delivered on 25.5.2017). Generally these loads do not last more that 24 hours but there can be exceptions. I have my records dated all the way back to 2009 .... do you think the list and explanation would be sufficient? The main problem is that is almost impossible to point out trips which lasted more than 24h (for one there was never an intention to stay longer in Canada ... it was always either delay at the shipper/receiver, snow squall etc).
    .... I probably could trace the times by bridge toll but that might not be accurate either plus it would be a terrible job :-(

Thank you very much for your help!
    Last edited by Dannaew; 08-05-2017, 04:29 PM.

1. If you qualify under both the 5-year rule and 3-year rule, you should apply under the 5-year rule because it is simpler.

2. Not sure

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X