Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting back to US to visit after abondoning Green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back to US to visit after abondoning Green card?

I was a GC holder who had moved to New Zealand to live with my partner and I've been here for almost two years now. My father is getting married and has invited me to come back to visit the US for two weeks, with tickets he paid for. As I plan on spending my future with my partner in New Zealand, I have no desire for keeping my GC as I do not plan on residing in the US. I have family (Father, Mother, 4 Siblings) currently residing in the US. Will I be able to abandon my GC through the I-407 form and travel to the US through the VWP (I have UK citizenship)?

Some background information.
    -I've been living with my partner in New Zealand for nearly 2 years now.
    -Currently on partnership visa, applying for residence in New Zealand after coming back from US.
    -Manager at fast food restaurant, been working here for 1 year, plan on resuming work here after coming back from US.
    -Not currently studying as I do not have to funds to study as an international student in NZ. Highest qualification is high school diploma which I got in the US.
    -I currently have no assets in the US or NZ. Plan on buying a car with my partner and having that as our joint property.
    -My partner's cousin is having a wedding in Australia around December and we've already bought the tickets to get there, showing our departure from NZ at a later date.
    -My father bought the tickets for me to visit him in the US, but I have enough funds to cover the 2 week trip.

I'm worried that upon arrival in the US a CBP officer will take me to secondary questioning as I had previously been a GC holder coming back to the US for a 2 week visit to my family. Would I be able to prove my ties to NZ are greater than my ties to the US with the information I've provided above? Is there anything else I can provide to strengthen my ties to NZ? If I'm denied entry into the US, I'm afraid it would severely affect my ability to go back to NZ to live with my partner.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X