Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 VISA Holder travelling to India & back to USA while L1 is in vacation in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 VISA Holder travelling to India & back to USA while L1 is in vacation in India

Hello All

Hope you are doing great.

Thanks for this forum and helping other needy. Appreciate all members in this forum.

I am on L2 VISA with a valid EAD and I am planning to go to India this month (later part of the month). My wife who is in L1 VISA is going to India this month before me and will stay for a month (till mid September). As I have got only 2 weeks leave, I am planning to go to India a little late and then back before L1 reaches USA. This is all due to some adjustments with my other colleagues leaves etc. In this situation, I wanted to check with you guys on suggestions and experiences. My main reason travelling to India is to extend my i94 which is expiring in Oct 2017. i94 was stamped till Oct 2017 was due to my old passport was expiring in Oct 2017. I have new passport now.

1. Is it totally okay to travel and back to USA as we have valid VISA stamping on passports while L1 is still in India on vacation?
    2. What are the documents I need to carry?
    3. Should I also carry any proofs like a copy of my wife's return air ticket?
    4. My EAD is currently in process of extension. There was an RFE last week after 100 days of applying and I sent them documents they asked for.
    4. I also understand that port of entry process/procedure changed and Indians can use the kiosks to enter the details and verify finger prints on the screen displayed. The officer standing at will just cross check and may ask general 2-3 questions like reason coming to USA and also any food/alcohol that are being carried etc. (One my friend recently came on B1 in July 2nd week and he said the POE is changed as it was different compared to the officer sitting at the POE, entering the details like when he flew to USA in February 2017. In this case, I should not have much issues as everything at kiosk it should be easy to get the i94 extended with out any issues.

Please do let me know if any of my questions or summery is not clear or confusing, I will try to state it better again

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by phanindrags View Post
    Hello All

Hope you are doing great.

Thanks for this forum and helping other needy. Appreciate all members in this forum.

I am on L2 VISA with a valid EAD and I am planning to go to India this month (later part of the month). My wife who is in L1 VISA is going to India this month before me and will stay for a month (till mid September). As I have got only 2 weeks leave, I am planning to go to India a little late and then back before L1 reaches USA. This is all due to some adjustments with my other colleagues leaves etc. In this situation, I wanted to check with you guys on suggestions and experiences. My main reason travelling to India is to extend my i94 which is expiring in Oct 2017. i94 was stamped till Oct 2017 was due to my old passport was expiring in Oct 2017. I have new passport now.

1. Is it totally okay to travel and back to USA as we have valid VISA stamping on passports while L1 is still in India on vacation?
    2. What are the documents I need to carry?
    3. Should I also carry any proofs like a copy of my wife's return air ticket?
    4. My EAD is currently in process of extension. There was an RFE last week after 100 days of applying and I sent them documents they asked for.
    4. I also understand that port of entry process/procedure changed and Indians can use the kiosks to enter the details and verify finger prints on the screen displayed. The officer standing at will just cross check and may ask general 2-3 questions like reason coming to USA and also any food/alcohol that are being carried etc. (One my friend recently came on B1 in July 2nd week and he said the POE is changed as it was different compared to the officer sitting at the POE, entering the details like when he flew to USA in February 2017. In this case, I should not have much issues as everything at kiosk it should be easy to get the i94 extended with out any issues.

Please do let me know if any of my questions or summery is not clear or confusing, I will try to state it better again

Thank you in advance.
    Can someone share their experience or any piece of advice for me?

Thank you and appreciate your help.

Comment

I and my wife were in a similar situation earlier this year. I'm on L1 and stayed longer in India while my wife had to return to US earlier due to similar leave issues. I prepared an entire set of documents for her including a copy of I-129S, marriage certificate, home lease, last few payslips of both of us, flight tickets etc. to show that we are married, staying together, traveled around same time and that I'll be returning bit later. Her entry at SFO went like a breeze.. they did ask for I-129S and couple of basic questions and that's it.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by crypticlight View Post
        I and my wife were in a similar situation earlier this year. I'm on L1 and stayed longer in India while my wife had to return to US earlier due to similar leave issues. I prepared an entire set of documents for her including a copy of I-129S, marriage certificate, home lease, last few payslips of both of us, flight tickets etc. to show that we are married, staying together, traveled around same time and that I'll be returning bit later. Her entry at SFO went like a breeze.. they did ask for I-129S and couple of basic questions and that's it.

Hope it helps.
        Thank you so much for your reply. That really helps.

Comment

Finally my EAD is approved and the new card is in production. This is just close-loop this thread I opened.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X