Filing i-130 i-485 i-745

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing i-130 i-485 i-745

This is my first time posting,and I really need some advice. So four 5 months ago I sent everything to my lawyer I have been calling them every two weeks about my receipt number from USCIS and they keep telling me to wait for the next two weeks it's going to come last week I called and they told me that USCIS is requesting more evidence but I still haven't received a receipt number so I decided to call USCIS myself an upon call they told that they have no information on any thing been field all they see is what I filed in 2008 I really need some advice.

Are you sure your lawyers are not ripping you off? Sounds shady!

Tell your layers you need to see physical evidence that they have filed your application since USCIS has nothing from you.

Originally posted by andre89 View Post
    This is my first time posting,and I really need some advice. So four 5 months ago I sent everything to my lawyer I have been calling them every two weeks about my receipt number from USCIS and they keep telling me to wait for the next two weeks it's going to come last week I called and they told me that USCIS is requesting more evidence but I still haven't received a receipt number so I decided to call USCIS myself an upon call they told that they have no information on any thing been field all they see is what I filed in 2008 I really need some advice.
    Last edited by steadygaze; 08-09-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Seems to like your lawyer has not sent it in yet and he is lying. Go to their office and ask for evidence that it was sent. A tracking number or something. If they have nothing to show I suggest you tell them you do not want to continue with them get all your stuff back and start again with a new lawyer. If you don't have big issues you can even apply yourself.

Actually why even ask. You already know they didn't send it. Just go get all your stuff and start over. I wouldn't want that kind lawyer representing me. He/she already failed. 5 months ..... Your work permit should be here already.

Comment

1. Has the payment check you attached to the application form been cashed?

2. "they told me that USCIS is requesting more evidence"; what evidence USCIS is requesting for? Ask your lawyer to show you the letter from USCIS. If they can't provide it, fire them, get your money and document back.

3. Ask your lawyer to show you I-797 for each form you sent. If they can't provide it, fire them, get your money and document back.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like Yestoel92 told you, go to the office and question your lawyer, don't do it on the phone.

If they couldn't provide any evidence of filing, get money and document back, file it yourselves. Come here to ask question before you submit the application, there are many experienced and nice people here are willing to help you without any charge!

Comment

Iam so sorry to hear that !!!

What i can see here your lawyer is not working and didnt send your applications 5 months you should have recieved your work permit already and may be your appointment for status adjustment too !!!
          Go to your lawyer's affice and ask for evidence .... seems like he didn't file your package .. that's disapponting
          I hope you find out what's going on !!

Good luck !

Comment

Update

So I finally got a response and it seems like the Attorney sent it in two weeks ago. But it was rejected because they made a mistake on the G28 form, so have to get them to fix it and send it back in.

Comment

So I finally got a response and it seems like the Attorney sent it in two weeks ago. But it was rejected because they made a mistake on the G28 form, so have to get them to fix it and send it back in.
              they done a sloppy job so for a very sloppy job... have u asked them why was ot only sent 2weeks ago

Comment

Great. It seems you are going to continue with this lawyer I suggest you be proactive and check with them often to make sure things are getting done timely and ask for receipts and tracking and updates often. Your lawyer is not really a good one.
                (Made a mistake on g28... Really! Come on now lawyer that's just 1 simple form.) So please do not turn your eyes away for a second.
                You don't want to get in a situation where an rfe gets sent and your lawyer delays to respond your whole case will be denied.

So keep up and Good luck.

BTW did they show you proof that they sent it and proof of rejection. There should be a letter. You too should look at it and make sure they correct the mistake.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some forms changed this month especially the i-485. So if you package got rejected and you have to resend. Your forms have to be up to date too or they will reject again because you submitted old forms

Usually with a lawyer you relax and they do most for the client but with this lawyer I suggest you do more on your part.
                Better safe than sorry. Ask questions and do not be intimidated by lawyer/s

All the best

Comment

I agree, this is a terrible attorney. You are better off relying on your own ability to follow written instructions

Screwing up a G-28 conjures up the image of an incompetent attorney hamming through a stack of forms while drunk

Comment

Update

Had to update the forms and the lawyer told me that their isn't any time frame on when USCIS will respond to me since it wasn't a RFE but update on the forms so is this true or not ?

Comment

Had to update the forms and the lawyer told me that their isn't any time frame on when USCIS will respond to me since it wasn't a RFE but update on the forms so is this true or not ?
                      Fire that lawyer and ask for your money back. They are not doing what you paid them for.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X