My timeline and process -I765 i131 i485 -4 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My timeline and process -I765 i131 i485 -4 months

I got a lot of useful information from this forum and just want to share my timeline and the process with you!

My husband and I got married Nov 18th 2016, and I was on F1 visa and on OPT, my F1 OPT ended June 30th 2016. We filed for travel card, EAD, and green card end of March.

EAD & AP:
    03/28/2017 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization .

After the initial notice, it was "case was received" for two months and a half, and I got nervous mid June when the status was still "case was received" because my old EAD ends June 30th and I cannot work without a new EAD card, so I requested for an expedition for I765 and also went to Senator and Congressman asking them to help me request expedition. The status changed later:

07/03/2017 We ordered your new card.
    Finally received the card on July 6th. On the card it appears the starting date was "June 30th". However, my employer still terminated my employment for several days and "re-employed" me after I got the card.

Green card (I485):

04/04/2017
    We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

07/03/2017
    We scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice.

08/02/2017
    We ordered your new card

08/04/2017
    Card was mailed to me

08/09/2017
    Got card in hand

My husband and I had the interview on August 2nd and was approved on site. It was a very smooth process, I printed a lot of photos on 4 papers and brought to the interview, after the officer saw the photos and many of our "sentimentals" (e.g. albums we made for each other and birthday letters and etc.) she was very convinced of the truth of the marriage and I was approved on site. I didn't get a stamp on passport though.

BTW, I moved during the process and changed address, I highly suggest NOT TO CHANGE ADDRESS during the process. USCIS actually sent my green card to my old apartment although I changed the address in the system a month ago and the officer double checked with us of the new address before sending card. HOWEVER, it still went to my old address! Luckily I called them earlier and asked for a tracking number to track the delivery, so when the USPS tracking showed that my card was in the region of my old apartment, I went to my old apartment to wait for the card when it showed “out for delivery” and got the card eventually.

Attorney?

Did you have an attorney and what are your thoughts about hiring one?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X