Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa RFE - Name Change Proof

Hi all,

I need to submit proof of my name change to USCIS for my fiancee's K1 Visa.

I went to the Federal Courthouse and the USCIS Chicago Field House yesterday and they are not able to find any documentations regarding of my name change. I don’t remember submitting any name change forms or going to any courthouse during my naturalization process about 10 years ago.

The only document I have as proof is my Adoption Certificate. The certificate is in Chinese and it has my current English name on it.
    Can I present my Adoption Certificate to USCIS’s RFE as proof of my name change (I will also get it translated to English)?

Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by antz3 View Post
    Hi all,

I need to submit proof of my name change to USCIS for my fiancee's K1 Visa.

I went to the Federal Courthouse and the USCIS Chicago Field House yesterday and they are not able to find any documentations regarding of my name change. I don’t remember submitting any name change forms or going to any courthouse during my naturalization process about 10 years ago.

The only document I have as proof is my Adoption Certificate. The certificate is in Chinese and it has my current English name on it.
    Can I present my Adoption Certificate to USCIS’s RFE as proof of my name change (I will also get it translated to English)?

Thank you for your help.
    Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue of yours? I am running into the same problem where my name change is on my naturalization certificate but they want more proof and I'm not sure what kind of proof exist to get pass this. Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X