Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 brother and sister pending application query

Hello All,

As a heads up : This is my first post here. So please excuse me if i have posted in the wrong forum/created a new thread.

My brother who is a US citizen filed a petition for bringing me via the F4 category on sponsoring a brother/sister. This was filed in 2005 and I was an unmarried Indian citizen and the case was approved in 2005 and forwarded to NVC.

I have currently settled in Canada with my family (married) and eligible to be a canadian citizen.

I have few questions.

If i go ahead and apply for my Canadian citizenship, will there be any issues with the I130 that is pending for priority date (looks like its going to take 2018) ? Since I applied as a Indian citizen and waiting in the queue as Indian citizen I am worried if obtaining an Indian citizenship will interfere with the I130 that is pending for priority date?
    Indian citizenship doesn't allow dual citizenship, so obtaining canadian citizenship will be forcing me to surrender indian citizenship.
    I am married and have a biological child. Should i include my family/child in the pending I130 now or wait to hear from the consulate when the priority date is current.

Thanks much

F4 Visa Category, Brother and/or Sisters of a US Citizen

You can write to NVC for your child to be included in the application as a derivative applicant, if you were unmarried at the time when your brother filed a petition for yourself then you may also ask NVC to include your spouse in the application as a derivative applicant just like your child so that all of you may be interviewed at once and get the visas altogether.

Regards,

Rashid

Comment

Originally posted by mickeymuthu View Post
      If i go ahead and apply for my Canadian citizenship, will there be any issues with the I130 that is pending for priority date (looks like its going to take 2018) ?
      no

Since I applied as a Indian citizen and waiting in the queue as Indian citizen I am worried if obtaining an Indian citizenship will interfere with the I130 that is pending for priority date?
      There is no "queue as Indian citizen". Chargeability is determined by the country of birth. Nationality is irrelevant.

I am married and have a biological child. Should i include my family/child in the pending I130 now or wait to hear from the consulate when the priority date is current.
      you can

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X