Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A visa renewal, re-entry possible if denied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A visa renewal, re-entry possible if denied?

Hi,

My L1A visa (on Indian passport) is due for renewal next year. My company's attorney told me that they'll process it within 6 months of expiry and I'll have to travel to India for it. I've 2 questions:

1. My concern is that, just in case renewal gets denied, will I be able to re-enter US until original visa expires so that I can wrap up things here? Since my visa will be valid for less than 6 mos, I'm not sure if entry is allowed?

2. Are dependents required to travel abroad for L2 renewal?

Thanks.

Originally posted by crypticlight View Post
    Hi,

My L1A visa (on Indian passport) is due for renewal next year. My company's attorney told me that they'll process it within 6 months of expiry and I'll have to travel to India for it. I've 2 questions:

1. My concern is that, just in case renewal gets denied, will I be able to re-enter US until original visa expires so that I can wrap up things here? Since my visa will be valid for less than 6 mos, I'm not sure if entry is allowed?

2. Are dependents required to travel abroad for L2 renewal?

Thanks.
    If denied, you will need another visa for re-entry such as B1/B2 as far as I know.

Yes, all dependents are required to be in the same country as you for L2 renewal. If you have children below 14, they do not need to join the interview but need to be there with you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X