N-400 Processing Time Discrepency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 Processing Time Discrepency

Hello, I was hoping someone could clarify this with me.
    My wife applied to be a citizen early March 2017, which is her earliest date. USCIS status tracking shows that they began interview scheduling procedure on May 1 and to also call if there is no change in status within 90 days. We called after it passed 90 days and we were told that apparently the website and the automated phone system, both of which quote the "90 days" is outdated and they don't follow that anymore. We called in the first week of August and the person said that they are processing N-400 from September of 2016. I later found out on the USCIS website that they are actually processing October 29 of 2016 for that field office. I have a couple of questions based on that.

1) I looked at several other field offices across the country and it seems like they all have similar backlogs, as most of them are working on months ranging from August 2016 to December 2016, so my field office isn't exceptionally behind. But how come many people on immihelp are getting their interview dates within much much earlier when most field offices are backlogged by 8 months to a year. Many people on immihelp are getting interviews within 1 month or 2 month. How is that possible?
    2) Is there a way to fast track this in anyway? It is important to get this as soon as possible. We were wondering if applying to a different field office might change anything. Is there anything that can be done legally through a lawyer to fast track this?
    3) There's also a discrepancy from what their customer service associates say and what's stated on the website. Based on people's experience, which is more accurate? According to the website, they are processing October 29 N-400's as of June 30, but when we called the Representative said it's September 23, and the call was in the first week of August.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X