Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing for more than 7 months

Hi All,

I am UK citizen and had to apply for a non-immigrant visa to travel to US. I am dual national who is also a citizen of one of the 6 countries under the travel ban.

I attended my interview in the London US embassy early January 2017 and as of today, 14th of August, nothing has been updated on the website. Any one has any idea or know of similar cases in the past?

7+ months is far too long to wait for a visa.

Heard anything yet?

Originally posted by Mr_P View Post
    Hi All,

I am UK citizen and had to apply for a non-immigrant visa to travel to US. I am dual national who is also a citizen of one of the 6 countries under the travel ban.

I attended my interview in the London US embassy early January 2017 and as of today, 14th of August, nothing has been updated on the website. Any one has any idea or know of similar cases in the past?

7+ months is far too long to wait for a visa.

Hi there,

have you received an answer by now (hopefully approval)? I had my interview in late May for an O-1 and it went into AP. Nothing since then. I'm a German national (with a very German name) who's been living in the UK since 1994 (with three extended work/study visits to Canada and the USA), no criminal record, never been to the any of the countries on Trump's list, university prof in a liberal arts subject with a job offer from a US state university. I was granted a J-1 visa two years ago. I have no idea why this is happening and taking so long, although I hear it's become a frequent thing. My new employer is now contemplating letting me go into unemployment, as I left my old (secure) job in June. It really sucks.

Comment

Hi Mate,

Unfortunately no. I haven't received any updates since I posted the thread. I hope for your sake it wouldn't take them that long. I have no idea why my case has taken so long, I've tried every avenue possible, from contacting US senators to dropping email after email.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck

Comment

Also in AP now for 11 months

Hello there, have either of you moved passed admin processing?

I had my embassy interview in mid-May 2017 for an H1B renewal and haven't heard anything. If it helps anyone reading I'm a dual UK/Pakistan citizen with a very Muslim sounding name

Comment

AP for O1 visa

Hi ! When did you finally get an O1 stamped ? I recently got an O1 approved from USCIS and came to US consulate in Vancouver. I am an Indian citizen though but not a Muslim. Stayed in US for 2 years with clean background not even traffic violations. I got 221g yellow. Waiting since 20 days and its frustrating. Spending all my money staying in Canada. I might loose the job offer if the delay is too much. Please advise. Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by GermaninUK View Post
          Hi there,

have you received an answer by now (hopefully approval)? I had my interview in late May for an O-1 and it went into AP. Nothing since then. I'm a German national (with a very German name) who's been living in the UK since 1994 (with three extended work/study visits to Canada and the USA), no criminal record, never been to the any of the countries on Trump's list, university prof in a liberal arts subject with a job offer from a US state university. I was granted a J-1 visa two years ago. I have no idea why this is happening and taking so long, although I hear it's become a frequent thing. My new employer is now contemplating letting me go into unemployment, as I left my old (secure) job in June. It really sucks.

Comment

Hi. Did anyone of you got their visa issued? Im in same situation since 17 months

Comment

Visa finally issued

Hi folks,

I wanted to post an update on my case. I finally received the email letting me know to submit my passport for visa issuance and 5 business days after submitting it, I received it back with my visa officially in passport.

All in all the process took 13 months for me from the time I had my embassy appointment to now when I am holding my visa in hand. This is the third time I have gone through administrative processing and it was the longest of all the occasions (previous occasions 8 months and 4 weeks respectively). I can tell you it does not get easier and the wait without knowing when you might hear from them is the worst part.

But have some faith and things will work out eventually. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ranger2012 View Post
                Hello there, have either of you moved passed admin processing?

I had my embassy interview in mid-May 2017 for an H1B renewal and haven't heard anything. If it helps anyone reading I'm a dual UK/Pakistan citizen with a very Muslim sounding name
                Hi,

unfortunately not. My case is still pending and there hasn't been any updates, its been 20 months now. how about you guys? heard anything?

Comment

Anyone heard anything?

Comment

Fianlly

just to update anyone who might have been in the same boat as me.

After 2 years I finally got the email from US embassy to submit my passport for visa issuance.

a long time to wait, but at least visa was issued.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

I'm 2 years and 4 months in AP and still no VISA.
                      Even worse, my case has still not been updated since the case was created in August 2017.

I hope one day I can share some good news like you
                      Will keep you guys posted!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X