Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping for a company that has acquisition

Hi,

When I started employment with ABC Inc company which filed my H1B petition and was approved under its (ABC Inc ) name. Later it was acquired by XYZ Inc and there was a legal name change from Jan 1st 2017. My I-797 still shows as ABC Inc and my role OR the primary functions of the company did not change. I am going to attend my visa stamping interview next week in Chennai, India. I am little tensed about it.

1. Should I carry any additional documents?
    2. I am not sure If I should mention that there was an acquisition and legal name change unless until officer asks me
    3. Is there anything I should take care of.

Originally posted by ifactor1709 View Post
    1. Should I carry any additional documents?
    You can ask your current employer, your I-797 petitioner, to send your relevant documents around their acquisition and carry them just in case.
    If you know that the EIN number (its like PAN Card number, but for companies) of your employer has not changed, you can mention to your interviewing officer that your employer has merged with another business but they still operate with the same EIN number that was associated with them when they filed your petition.
    In general if your employer gives you additional documents then it is good to carry them with you, why not.

2. I am not sure If I should mention that there was an acquisition and legal name change unless until officer asks me
    It is best to not worry too much, be yourself, and address subjects that the officer asks you.
    I wouldn't bring up the name change and acquisition topic unless the officer brings it up.

3. Is there anything I should take care of.
    Take a look at this document checklist -
    Maybe have them all in an organized expanding folder -
    And just relax and watch a good film before your interview, these days I love watching MS Dhoni before all my interviews, and they go really well.
    Last edited by Antonise; 08-15-2017, 12:12 PM. Reason: Banned website

Comment

Originally posted by do_good_work View Post
      You can ask your current employer, your I-797 petitioner, to send your relevant documents around their acquisition and carry them just in case.
      If you know that the EIN number (its like PAN Card number, but for companies) of your employer has not changed, you can mention to your interviewing officer that your employer has merged with another business but they still operate with the same EIN number that was associated with them when they filed your petition.
      In general if your employer gives you additional documents then it is good to carry them with you, why not.

It is best to not worry too much, be yourself, and address subjects that the officer asks you.
      I wouldn't bring up the name change and acquisition topic unless the officer brings it up.

Take a look at this document checklist -
      Maybe have them all in an organized expanding folder -
      And just relax and watch a good film before your interview, these days I love watching MS Dhoni before all my interviews, and they go really well.
      Thanks. Appreciate your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X