Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS 160 - What should be Visa number for earlier L1B to L1A extension without stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 - What should be Visa number for earlier L1B to L1A extension without stamping

While filling in DS 160, encountered a peculiar scenario and hence, request help for the following question,

Background: My L1B visa was extended and converted to L1A visa on 10th October 2012 and had received I-94 extension card (expiry - 22 March 2014) along with I-797A . however, I never had visa stamped again and returned back before completion of new I-94 expiry date. I am applying for new L1-A. while filling the DS 160 form , was not sure on what needs to be entered for the following questions

1. "Date Last Visa was issued"? - Should it be issuance date of L1B- visa which was obtained in 2010 ? or should it be the L1-A extension received in 2012? Please note I had never went for Visa Stamping and only have copy of I-94 extension card and 1797 approved petition.
    2. "Visa Number" - What should be entered here If I enter L1A extension approval date for the above question,
    I tried entering the WAC number for L1-A extension, which is not recognized and also tried entering I-94 card number which is also not accepted.
    3. Are you applying for the same visa type ? If I select L1-A approval date , then believe its the same visa type, however if I select L1-B date (2010) then its not the same visa type. is that correct understanding?

Please advise

Originally posted by aki1981 View Post
    While filling in DS 160, encountered a peculiar scenario and hence, request help for the following question,

Background: My L1B visa was extended and converted to L1A visa on 10th October 2012 and had received I-94 extension card (expiry - 22 March 2014) along with I-797A . however, I never had visa stamped again and returned back before completion of new I-94 expiry date. I am applying for new L1-A. while filling the DS 160 form , was not sure on what needs to be entered for the following questions

1. "Date Last Visa was issued"? - Should it be issuance date of L1B- visa which was obtained in 2010 ? or should it be the L1-A extension received in 2012? Please note I had never went for Visa Stamping and only have copy of I-94 extension card and 1797 approved petition.
    2. "Visa Number" - What should be entered here If I enter L1A extension approval date for the above question,
    I tried entering the WAC number for L1-A extension, which is not recognized and also tried entering I-94 card number which is also not accepted.
    3. Are you applying for the same visa type ? If I select L1-A approval date , then believe its the same visa type, however if I select L1-B date (2010) then its not the same visa type. is that correct understanding?

Please advise
    1. L1A extension was not an actual visa. Mention the last stamped valid visa in your passport, which is L1B in your case. When you say you never went for stamping what do you mean? How did you get L1B in your passport then?
    2. The one in Red Color in the passport.
    3. Correct.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X