Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with tourist visa when also having H1b visa

Hi,

I have B1/B2 tourist visa and had travelled to usa on this visa earlier on old passport. It's validity is till 2024.

I got my passport renewed and Now i got H1B visa also stamped with one employer. Visa officer has not cancelled B1/B2 visa on the passport

I have not joined this employer yet and not travelled to US on H1b yet.

I am planning to visit Usa for 2 weeks on B1/B2 tourist visa for tourism purpose and for meeting family and friends.

1. is B1/B2 tourist visa still valid along with H1b?

2. can i travel on B1/B2 tourist visa when also have H1B? what documents should i take while travelling?

3. what should i say at port of immigration when the officer asks about H1B visa and what questions will be asked related to H1b?

can i say that i have not yet joined the employer (as i havent joined them) and i m currently visiting for tourism purpose for few weeks on B1/B2 tourist visa

Thanks,
    Chintu

Originally posted by chintu123 View Post
    Hi,

I have B1/B2 tourist visa and had travelled to usa on this visa earlier on old passport. It's validity is till 2024.

I got my passport renewed and Now i got H1B visa also stamped with one employer. Visa officer has not cancelled B1/B2 visa on the passport

I have not joined this employer yet and not travelled to US on H1b yet.

I am planning to visit Usa for 2 weeks on B1/B2 tourist visa for tourism purpose and for meeting family and friends.

1. is B1/B2 tourist visa still valid along with H1b?

2. can i travel on B1/B2 tourist visa when also have H1B? what documents should i take while travelling?

3. what should i say at port of immigration when the officer asks about H1B visa and what questions will be asked related to H1b?

can i say that i have not yet joined the employer (as i havent joined them) and i m currently visiting for tourism purpose for few weeks on B1/B2 tourist visa

Thanks,
    Chintu
    1. Yes as long as not cancelled, it is valid.
    2. Yes you can. Your travel itinerary, hotel bookings, if applicable, return ticket.
    3. I doubt he/she will ask. Just tell you only on your visitor visa. He may mark it no EOS/COS.
    4. Yes you can if that is the truth.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X