Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting married to a Citizen, entered as a visitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    My situation is similar to yours Glo. I got married to a citizen back in June and I had to go bck to my home country in July and now Im back here again in states(entered as visitor) in Nov 06.Could you tell me how much all this paperwork cost and would I need a lawyer?

We dont have that much money right now but I am sure would like to do the paperwork ASAP as my tourist visa only allows me to stay until May 07.

Also from your experience,you filed the I-130 as soon as you got back right.Is that all I have to do?Could you please advice me as we really dont know what to do.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Glo
    Hi,

The B1/B9 Is the visa type as visitor/business. I got married on May 1st and went back to my country 3 days after that. Everything happened so fast as a matter the fact we never planned to get married that way or that soon, it just happened. We went to ask for information about what we needed to get married and it was so easy that we just got married then.

I got back in to the U.S. in June 21st. So I leave the country and then come back, again as a visitor.

We started all the papers file in the first days of July. The I-130 (and we got approved on September). But there's a lot of paper work to do, I filed the advance parole (which I haven't got any final decision, just asked us to file more and more papers, with the correspondent check of course). I have heard that the hole process will take us like 14 months. We still waiting for the calling to the interview. I have got in the last month the fingerprints and the pictures taken.

So that means that it is possible to do it that way. You just have to say that you are so in loved, that you never planned something like that, it just happened. And they can't allowed the US citizen to get married with who they want to. I have heard to that the worse thing that could happened on the interview is that they tell the US Citizen that they are responsible for you and if the purpose of that marriage was to get only the US Citizenship they will prosecute against him. (But they can not denied that right them).

Thanks.

Glo

Comment

Can you come back as visitor after marriage?

I got married in to go to Dec. and I want to go to my country for 2 months, since my husband is going to be on a training. But we are afraid this could cause trouble in the future.

They say is not ok. to enter as visitor if you already married.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X