X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston field office

PD: 26th July 2016
    Set Interview date: 19th August 2017

I got the interview letter yesterday( 08/15/2017). It is postmarked 11th August 2017.

I self-filed my marriage petition.

Hope this is helpful to those in Houston

Originally posted by Timona View Post

I got the interview letter yesterday( 08/15/2017). It is postmarked 11th August 2017.

Wow can't belive it took more than a year.. !!! But at least you are finally getting your interview.
    I live in Dallas. Just got my biometrics taken 2 weeks ago. So I'm preparing my self for a long wait.

Good luck with your interview.

Comment

Goodluck man

Comment

Is the online status updated or anything ?
        I file for my parents both PD :july 31 2016 , but status online still say RFE received already. both received EAD already in we are in Houston ?
        thanks for your answer and updated.

Comment

Originally posted by huydo1993 View Post
          Is the online status updated or anything ?
          I file for my parents both PD :july 31 2016 , but status online still say RFE received already. both received EAD already in we are in Houston ?
          thanks for your answer and updated.
          Just checked it. The online status is already updated with interview notice. I'd suggest you call USCIS and request to speak to an officer, tier 1/2 officer, I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AIRAM9514 View Post
          Wow can't belive it took more than a year.. !!! But at least you are finally getting your interview.
          I live in Dallas. Just got my biometrics taken 2 weeks ago. So I'm preparing my self for a long wait.

Good luck with your interview.
          Thanks. I'll be back on the 20th of September to update.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sparrowxxx419 View Post
          Goodluck man
          Thanks. Will be back on 20th of September with update
          Last edited by Timona; 08-18-2017, 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Set Interview date: 19th September 2017

My apologies to people who had already viewed this thread. My interview is on 19th September 2017 and not 19th August as I had previously wrote. It was an error, which I just saw. My apologies once more

Comment

good luck

You will make it

Comment

Originally posted by bethzly View Post
                You will make it
                Fingers crossed🤞

Comment

Since it has been more than a year since you filed, are you getting a new medical done before your interview or just hoping they accept your current one?

Comment

Originally posted by morepower View Post
                    Since it has been more than a year since you filed, are you getting a new medical done before your interview or just hoping they accept your current one?
                    I was afraid that my case was going to take long. and sent my package with out the Medical Exam. Going to wait until they request it. That is just me trying to save some money.

Comment

If I were you, I will do the medical exam before the interview and have the report on hand. If you get request to send it in, which most likely you will, it will delay the process to get approved. I just personally don't think it worth it to wait for the additional time in hope that you could save the money.

Comment

Medical Exam...

Originally posted by AIRAM9514 View Post
                        I was afraid that my case was going to take long. and sent my package with out the Medical Exam. Going to wait until they request it. That is just me trying to save some money.
                        They accepted the package without the Medical Exam? did you also apply for the EAD? my thoughts are that maybe my hubby can get his EAD, then a job with medical benefits, and then do the medical exam before we get our interview...Does this sound feasible? Thanks for your input!

Comment

Not taking any chance. I'll do a new one. Thinking about it, they added gonorrhea test to the medical. By the time I filed, it wasn't required, but I guess I should do the new medical and it's also more than a year since I filed. My understanding is that you have to do a new medical if it's past a year from filing. So, I'll just have to do it, sadly😭

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by LostInPaperwork View Post
                          They accepted the package without the Medical Exam? did you also apply for the EAD? my thoughts are that maybe my hubby can get his EAD, then a job with medical benefits, and then do the medical exam before we get our interview...Does this sound feasible? Thanks for your input!
                          You can actually send all your paperwork minus the medical, which you can hold till interview date and just go with it. I stand corrected.

Comment

Additionally, the good news is that I did my medical affordably, $150, at some place I found in Houston. I've seen others paying close to $500. I'll just go back there and hopefully they charge me even less cz they already have my file and will just be adding gonorrhea test.

*had to break this off my last post as the site won't allow me to add it.
                            Last edited by Timona; 08-21-2017, 01:35 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Additionally, the good news is that I did my medical affordably, $150, at some place I found in Houston. I've seen others paying close to $500. I'll just go back there and hopefully they charge me even less cz they already have my file and will just be adding gonorrhea test.

*had to break this off my last post as the site won't allow me to add it.
                              Hey. Can you please let me know where you got your immigration physicals done for $150.
                              I need to get the same test again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X