L1 Visa but employer will not sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa but employer will not sponsor

I have a friend from Mexico on a L1 visa and she is an executive manager of accounting for an Oil and Gas company. The company will not sponsor her the next time for her visa renewal, question is, is there any avenue for her to adjust her status and apply for a green card? She has been in the US for about 4 years an has a 2 year old citizen daughter and would like to continue to stay in the US. Thank you in advance and I apologize if I am not using any of the terms correctly.

L1

under what basis would she file for a green card? she won't be able to do it herself for work so does she have a relative that can apply? otherwise, no
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
      under what basis would she file for a green card? she won't be able to do it herself for work so does she have a relative that can apply? otherwise, no
      Thank you for the response. She does not have anyone that can petition for her. Do you think she can apply for herself with a I-140 form?

Comment

Employment based applications (those that use I140) are typically initiated by employers. The only exceptions are: EB1A (outstanding achievement) and EB2-NIW (National Interest Waiver) which can be petitioned by the beneficiary. For both the cases the burden is on the applicant to show that they are eligible, and it is often a significant one.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X