Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will I stay in AP if i did not get a 221g form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will I stay in AP if i did not get a 221g form?

Hi guys

I did my interview yesterday, and the consular said everything looks fine but they need to do some name checks. She took my passport and gave me the rights of an immigrant slip. She said if they have questions they will call me, if not, everything is ok and I will get my visa within two weeks.

After the interview, I checked my status online and it went from "Ready" for interview to "Administrative processing". How long do you think it will spend at that stage? I did not get a 221g from.

Originally posted by Nicey&T View Post
    Hi guys

I did my interview yesterday, and the consular said everything looks fine but they need to do some name checks. She took my passport and gave me the rights of an immigrant slip. She said if they have questions they will call me, if not, everything is ok and I will get my visa within two weeks.

After the interview, I checked my status online and it went from "Ready" for interview to "Administrative processing". How long do you think it will spend at that stage? I did not get a 221g from.
    Hi,
    Every case goes through AP even if it's approved. It's the Embassy's way of performing one last review of an approved/denied k-1 application.
    If you were told you're approved and it says "administrative processing", it's nothing to be worried about. The status will change to "issued" in a matter of days after the review is done. Same thing happens to everyone. So, don't worry.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X