Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa rejection

Hi,

I just came back from my visa interview and it got rejected. I work with a MNC bank and at earn a reasonable salary.

I had an existing B1 which was expiring this week, and I was planning to have a vacation in US next month. My previous visits on my existing visa were for business meeting.

VO didn't asked for any documents, just she asked on my last stay which was for 3 months for business meeting and there she countered for understanding what meetings which I explained. Thereafter she wrote CWOP on my existing one which is expiring this week and asked me to reapply and gave a form explaining reason u/s 214-b.

I never overstayed in US.

I am trying to understand what is the reason for refusal and what I can do right next time to avoid rejection?

Other than above mentioned information, I have change in my status from single (10 years ago) to separated and my wife name is not on passport as I got it issued without her name as per the procedure. (I am an Indian citizen).

3 months for a business meeting?

Comment

Yes, and infact some of my colleagues also got visa recently on the grounds of business meetings for 3 months. There are on and off meetings/programs resulting in little longer stay and it has happend in past as well.

I wonder if this sparked her for rejecting this time thinking i stayed too long last year but such cases are many in my knowledge.

And this time i was applying on tourist grounds and mentioned it clearly that i will be there for 9 days in my application.

Comment

Can anyone advice me something on this issue?

Comment

Way ahead

What changes do i need to consider while submitting a new DS-160?

Also, how does property ownership is noticed? There is no such field i could find in form.

Appreciate if mods/expert can help me on my questions in this thread.

Comment

Approved visa then rejected

Hello,

I have a friend we applied for a US B2 Visa was approved and an hour later was called to go back and then rejected under 214, he was ties to his country and had plenty of proof.

Has this happened to anyone else?? We are soooooo confused by the approval and then rejection. Your help is appreciated.

Comment

Hi,

Hi,
              I am kind of in the same boat as u r. I was in usa last year under b2 visa , visa expired now wanting to go next year to visit friends for 2 weeks...and come back.

Did they ask u how long u going?
              What exact questions where asked?

I think strong ties plays a huge part in you getting the Visa

Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Hi

She just asked one question to me and that was about my last stay. Not even asked for any documents except passport.

As u know they dont comment or reveal anything. It was very unexpected but that is always the case especially for those like me who have travelled across few places already.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X