Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid duration of Visitor Visa to enter US

Hi,

My Dad visa is expiring April 2018 and he plans to visit US in Jan 2018. That time his visa will be valid only for next 4 months.
    Is there any minimum duration of visa validity before entering US. For example is there that you should have atleast 6 months of visa left before you can enter US.

Would appreciate your responses.

Originally posted by priyamadhok View Post
    Hi,

My Dad visa is expiring April 2018 and he plans to visit US in Jan 2018. That time his visa will be valid only for next 4 months.
    Is there any minimum duration of visa validity before entering US. For example is there that you should have atleast 6 months of visa left before you can enter US.

The visa is for entering so as long as he enters the U.S. while the visa is valid, then he can stay the duration of the I-94 dates given at the POE, regardless of the visa expiring during the I-94 dates.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by priyamadhok View Post
      Hi,

Nope. US visas are only for entry. The visa only has to be valid on the day he enters. So for example he can enter on the exact day the visa expires, and get admitted to 6 months of stay.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X