b2 visa for student living abroad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b2 visa for student living abroad??

im 22 years old student living and studying in Rome Italy.I am invited at my cousin's wedding this September ,she is an American citizen getting married to a guy who is US Marines.They sent me an invitation stating also that i will be the bridesmaid and that my cousin is going to pay for all my financial expenses and im going to stay at my aunt's place(My cousin's mother).I don't have the italian citizenship so i need a visa to visit usa.i tried in 2012 back in my home country when i was 18 with a b2 visa to visit my aunt for christmas but i didnt get the visa . After 1 year i tried with work and study program J1 visa.At the end of the interview the VO told me to get another document in order to get the visa ,so i went to the second appointment but since my document was issued late i missed the deadline of the work starting date so my visa was denied. I want to reapply now at the Italian embassy since I live in Rome and i wanted to know in my case as an international student who lives there what kind of documents should i have as a proof for my coming back in Italy? I have a scholarship from the university ,im expecting the second rate this december .I have a rental contract of the apartment where i live and i have visited most of european countries (france ,spain ,belgium,netherlands,greece etc).I want to stay there for 20 days ,should i book the round trip ticket in advance as a proof that im going to come back?For 20 days if i have 3000-4000 euros in my bank account will it be enough since im staying at my aunt's place? I really don't want to miss this so I would appreciate any suggestions in order to get the visa.thank you in advance

B2

Even though they probably won't even ask for all that paperwork, take it anyway. you want to look and be prepared. have the invite for the wedding and information about where you will stay as well as proof that you will return to Italy. The round trip ticket will help too. Be prepared for the questions and your answers.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X