Change of Address, new Jurisdiction, interview already scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Address, new Jurisdiction, interview already scheduled

So I have one major problem. I moved and unfortunately it changes my pending I485 jurisdiction. And to make matters worse, my interview was scheduled as of yesterday. Ugh! I spoke to a Tier 2 officer and he said that if the address is not updated before my interview date, which is in a month, then I can still go to my interview as scheduled. My concern is will the officer even interview us, if so, is it in their jurisdiction to approve? Has anyone had this happen before? What was the outcome? Ugh!!! I've been reading a lot on this and most ppl say the agent will terminate the interview on the spot. This is so frustrating.

I don't have the answer for you, but I'm sure everything will work out fine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbs View Post
      So I have one major problem. I moved and unfortunately it changes my pending I485 jurisdiction. And to make matters worse, my interview was scheduled as of yesterday. Ugh! I spoke to a Tier 2 officer and he said that if the address is not updated before my interview date, which is in a month, then I can still go to my interview as scheduled. My concern is will the officer even interview us, if so, is it in their jurisdiction to approve? Has anyone had this happen before? What was the outcome? Ugh!!! I've been reading a lot on this and most ppl say the agent will terminate the interview on the spot. This is so frustrating.
      I dont think you have to live in the same jurisdiction you interview adjust in unlike naturalization where you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
        I dont think you have to live in the same jurisdiction you interview adjust in unlike naturalization where you have to.
        I really hope not 😔 In any case, I'll just have to wait and see how everything evolves in the next few weeks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X