Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help Regarding Joint Sponsor Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Regarding Joint Sponsor Please.

Here is my situation; the total household size of my sister family is 6.

I have submitted a I-864 for my sister, her husband and one kid, my own household size is 3, sister family size 3, TOTAL members are 6.

Required income for 2016 to sponsor 6 people is $41200.00 and my income is $41376.00.

So I guess I have sufficient income to sponsor for 3 people.

I also have a joint sponsor who has a family size 6 and his income for 2016 is $60207.00.

He is sponsoring my sister’s remaining 3 family members.

Required income for 2016 for 9 people is $56,875.00 and his income is $ 60207.00.

I believe income is sufficient to sponsor this family but visa consular is saying that this income is insufficient and asked us to submit NEW joint sponsor.

Can anybody let me know what I am doing WRONG and what should I do in this situation please.

Thank you so much in advance.
    Last edited by Awan96; 08-18-2017, 08:52 AM.
    Disclaimer: This is NOT a legal advice. Use it on your own risk.

It is possible to use 2 joint sponsors, and split up the immigrants between them so that one joint sponsor sponsors 2 of them and the other joint sponsor sponsors 1 of them. That might get the required income down enough for each joint sponsor for it to work.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      It is possible to use 2 joint sponsors, and split up the immigrants between them so that one joint sponsor sponsors 2 of them and the other joint sponsor sponsors 1 of them. That might get the required income down enough for each joint sponsor for it to work.
      First of all thank You for your reply.
      Yes that's what I thought and after calculating both sponsors household size and income that what I did. But according to visa counselor its NOT enough. Thanks again..

Comment

Originally posted by Awan96 View Post
        First of all thank You for your reply.
        Yes that's what I thought and after calculating both sponsors household size and income that what I did. But according to visa counselor its NOT enough. Thanks again..
        You only had 1 joint sponsor. My suggestion was to use 2 joint sponsors (e.g. you need to find another joint sponsor in addition to the joint sponsor you already have).

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          You only had 1 joint sponsor. My suggestion was to use 2 joint sponsors (e.g. you need to find another joint sponsor in addition to the joint sponsor you already have).
          Well like I have wrote earlier that my own income of $41376.0 covers family of six (3+3) and my friend's income of $60207.00. will cover rest of 3 members of the family (6+3).

So do I still have to get another 2 joint sponsor??.

Thank So Much.......

Comment

Originally posted by Awan96 View Post
            Well like I have wrote earlier that my own income of $41376.0 covers family of six (3+3) and my friend's income of $60207.00. will cover rest of 3 members of the family (6+3).

So do I still have to get another 2 joint sponsor??.

Thank So Much.......
            You, as the petitioner, are the primary sponsor. There is only one joint sponsor right now, your friend. Because he is the only joint sponsor, he has to sponsor all 3 immigrants, and his income is barely enough, and they are not accepting it. My suggestion is to maybe get another joint sponsor, so there are 2 joint sponsors, and they can split up the immigrants between them, so each of them sponsors only 1 or 2 immigrants, so they can successfully sponsor if they are on the edge with 3. That assumes you have another friend willing to sponsor and whose income situation is similar to the first friend's. If you can find another friend who can sponsor all 3 immigrants fine, then that friend can be the only joint sponsor, and there doesn't need to be 2 joint sponsors.

Comment

Ok Thank so much...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X