Need Help Brother & Niece B2 Visa rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Brother & Niece B2 Visa rejected

Hello .. first off I love this site / forum.. great work and good people ..

Here is my issue: Mom’s Visa approved but Brother and Niece rejected (Group appointment)

I am a Naturalized US Citizen and have lived in US for 12+ years and citizen since 2013 June. My mom had a B1 visa and visited me few years ago and her visa expired this yes .. so while renewing her visa I also added My brother and his daughter to the application .. I also gave them a filled-out I-134 with other docs etc.

Some Background: Brother is single dad (divorced) and living with Mom and grandparents in a joint family.. he makes around 80K annually doing a part time job and another 2.0 lakh annually via managing family rental properties etc. he also cares for old grandparents and hose chores etc.

At the interview the VO just focused on my brother and asked him how much does he make from his job in an year.. he said 80K as he had an experience letter .. he did not mention other income but he did have his bank statement etc that showed sufficient funds.. VO did not ask for any documents and questioned him on his divorce and asked for the legal docs .. he shared the docs and then VO again asked if he makes 80K annually or monthly
    After my brothers answer VO looked at my mom and said Ma’am I am separating your application from this group and approving your visa.. then VO looked at my brother and said I am sorry but your and your daughters visa cannot be approved at this time.
    My mom interrupted the VO and asked if she could reconsider my Nieces Visa as she is very keen on visiting Disney.. VO politely and very respectful told my mom that since this is a dependent application she cannot allow that. VO did not give any formal reason of denial or and form / stamp in the passport.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can give me some tips on what I can do to reapply visas for my brother and Niece.. I am thinking the following.

For My Niece..

Obtain a school certificate showing her vacation days and comment that she needs to be back in school on a certain date.. Have my mom get a sworn affidavit that says that she is travelling to US to see her son and would like her granddaughter to accompany her for this trip during vacation.. I will create an invite letter as well along with I-134.. I will also create a notarized certificate committing that I will ensure their return to India. On DS-160 under rejection comment I will mention initial visa application was denied as she was a dependent on father’s application who’s visa was denied as well. Since she is under 14 I will have them use the drop box.

For My Brother

On the Fresh DS-160 I will have him add management of rental property as additional income.. add bank statement as back up with a sworn affidavit.. I will also mention that this trip will be funded by him and that since he manages the property, works in a part time job and cares for elderly grandparents he will have to return to India
    Additionally I will mention Reason for Denial was : insufficient proof of income and communication gap (my brother does not speak fluent English). I will ask him to take the next appointment in Hindi.
    I would greatly appreciate if someone can advise if my thinking is in the right direction ? any suggestion or advise will be greatly appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X