Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A -> i140 filed, about to file AOS. Impacts of changing job or getting married?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A -> i140 filed, about to file AOS. Impacts of changing job or getting married?

Hey!

I presently have an L1A and have filed my I-140 back in April. I'm about to file my AOS concurrently however have hit a fork in the road. I am contemplating leaving my employer and have a variety of options.

1) 1 Potential new employer would sponsor me a new L1A. However I'd then have to wait a further a year before restarting the green card process.
    2) I am now in a relationship where immediate marriage (to a US citizen) is a viable option
    3) I could suck it up and wait with my current employer until I get my greencard and re-evaluate in what I expect to be a years time.

What would the impact be on me having already filed my EB1 and potentially filing my AOS on options 1 & 2? My goal really is to get a greencard as soon as possible to give me the choice of employers and potentially work for a start up in my field (who cannot sponsor my visa).

Thank you for your time!

Bumping this to hope more people see it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X