Oath Letter after Interview, San Francisco Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oath Letter after Interview, San Francisco Office

I passed my interview on Aug. 2, 2017, San Francisco. I am waiting for the oath letter.

When should I expect to receive the letter? According to the San Francisco Office, the forthcoming oath ceremonies are on September 7 and September 26. Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by liwenusa; 08-18-2017, 05:01 PM.

Reply to: Oath Letter after Interview, San Francisco Office

Yep, I am! My friend and I went on the same day. She received her letter last week. I have not. My status online has not even been updated since they scheduled the interview. What was the name of your Immigration Officer? Initials are fine if you don't feel comfortable writing it here.

Comment

My first reply didn't seem to go through, so trying again.
      I am very much in the same boat! Same field office and same interview date. My friend and I went on the same day, passed and received the recommendation of approval letter. My friend received her Oath Ceremony letter last week for the ceremony on Sep 7th, but I have not received anything, yet. My status has not even been updated online. I still have the "Interview Scheduled.." status. My friend's immigration officer was super nice, quick and efficient and on the 3rd floor. Mine was on the 2nd floor, slow and asked a lot of "extra" questions. My case is very similar to my friend's: no bad record and no name change to slow anything down. May I ask what the initials for the IO, who interviewed you? Wondering if we had the same. I am guessing they have different levels of seniority and it could be that a supervisor in addition to the secondary officer, had to check my case. Who knows, but the waiting in agonizing!!

Comment

Originally posted by MBerg View Post
        My first reply didn't seem to go through, so trying again.
        I am very much in the same boat! Same field office and same interview date. My friend and I went on the same day, passed and received the recommendation of approval letter. My friend received her Oath Ceremony letter last week for the ceremony on Sep 7th, but I have not received anything, yet. My status has not even been updated online. I still have the "Interview Scheduled.." status. My friend's immigration officer was super nice, quick and efficient and on the 3rd floor. Mine was on the 2nd floor, slow and asked a lot of "extra" questions. My case is very similar to my friend's: no bad record and no name change to slow anything down. May I ask what the initials for the IO, who interviewed you? Wondering if we had the same. I am guessing they have different levels of seniority and it could be that a supervisor in addition to the secondary officer, had to check my case. Who knows, but the waiting in agonizing!!

Thank you. My online status still interview scheduled. My interview officer on the second floor and asked a lot of questions too. I really hope to have an oath ceremony on Sep 7. It makes me worried that your friend already got the oath letter for that date.

Comment

Originally posted by liwenusa View Post
          Thank you. My online status still interview scheduled. My interview officer on the second floor and asked a lot of questions too. I really hope to have an oath ceremony on Sep 7. It makes me worried that your friend already got the oath letter for that date.
          liwenusa, may I ask if your interviewer was an older lady? Trying to figure out if we had the same interviewer.
          I was also hoping for the Oath Ceremony on Sep 7th, so I can get this last leg of the journey over with... I checked my status today and still the same, so probably not going to happen. I might try calling them tomorrow to ask what is going on, as it really worries me.

Comment

My interviewer was an old man, not a lady. Please post any update as I am worried too.

Comment

My interviewer was an old man, not a lady. Please post any update as I am worried too.
              Ok, so not the same person... I was kind of hoping, so I could conclude the IO is on the slower side to process and update status. I still don't understand why my friend received the Oath Letter and I didn't I will definitely keep you updated and please do the same in your end.

Comment

Also, may I ask if the officer, who interviewed you, placed a big sticker with a number and a barcode on your N-652 (the document handed to you after completion of interview)? My friend didn't get a barcode. I did and it covers up my A-Number on the form...

Comment

Also, may I ask if the officer, who interviewed you, placed a big sticker with a number and a barcode on your N-652 (the document handed to you after completion of interview)? My friend didn't get a barcode. I did and it covers up my A-Number on the form...
                  My form is just a printout, no sticker, no barcode. It seems that every officer has his/her own way.

Comment

My form is just a printout, no sticker, no barcode. It seems that every officer has his/her own way.
                    I guess they all have their ways.

I ended up calling the USCIS yesterday. I asked why I haven't received my Oath Letter and the officer said that they probably still are doing background check and that a "recommended approval" from the interview IO doesn't mean approval. Your case still needs to be reviewed by another officer for quality and to see if the interview officer missed anything. I don't understand what they are still checking! I thought the background check was done BEFORE the interview, but apparently they sometimes continue after. No idea what they are looking for, as my record is squeaky clean!! He also told me if you have a common name, it can take longer (again, this should have been cleared before the interview, I'd think). My maiden name is common in my country, so that's all I can think of.

I also asked why my status still says "interview scheduled..." when I already completed it. He answered that it isn't updated till the Oath Letter is sent out.

Anyway, he told me that they cannot give me any information till 90 days after the interview have passed...

Now, I am wreaking my brain trying to figure out what in the world happened at the interview that now requires them to continue a background check (if that's what's going on). If the interviewer made any "findings" during the interview, I'd think she would not have approved me or told me congratulations and informed me about the Oath Ceremony.

I am so frustrated with this! Especially, when you read about people being sworn in right after the interview in some field offices! Apparently, their files do not go through the quality check... Not really fair if it differs from office to office.

Comment

I got an online update today from USCIS. I am now in line for oath ceremony and .....Now waiting for the oath letter to be delivered. But anyway at least my case has been formally approve, not just recommended for approval.

I hope you the same.

Comment

I got an online update today from USCIS. I am now in line for oath ceremony and .....Now waiting for the oath letter to be delivered. But anyway at least my case has been formally approve, not just recommended for approval.

I hope you the same.
                        No updates for me, yet
                        Happy that you at least got news that your case is approved. Thanks for letting me know. I sent a letter to the IO asking about my case. She should have received it yesterday...

Comment

I hope you the same.

I finally received the same update as you!!! Yay! I am so happy and relieved! Finally, my case is approved
                          I will let you know when the letter is sent!

Comment

I finally received the same update as you!!! Yay! I am so happy and relieved! Finally, my case is approved
                            I will let you know when the letter is sent!

Hi MBerg , I just want to ask how long it took to process your citizenship at sfo office?

Comment

Originally posted by Maria23 View Post
                              Hi MBerg , I just want to ask how long it took to process your citizenship at sfo office?
                              Hi Maria23,

It took exactly 6 months from date of finger printing till interview and from interview till "Placed in line for oath ceremony," took 29 days. Now, I am waiting for the Oath Letter with date of ceremony.

I think all cases are different. My friend and I went for finger printing and interview the same day, but she was already scheduled for Oath two weeks after her interview.

Where in the process are you?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X