Advance Parole length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole length

I was wondering, never have I applied for advance parole, my husband got deported and I want to go visit now that he is down there. I have a sick dad, so I'm thinking of using humanitarians reasons. From reading all the threads people have only been gone for about a week at a time. How long are the permits for?? Do we only have a few days to travel out of the country and get right back?

What is the underlying basis of for the Advance Parole you will be applying for? eg pending asylum application, DACA, TPS?

Comment

Hello it is DACA

Comment

You didn't mention how long you wish to remain abroad

DACA advance parole is granted on humanitarian grounds, for educational programs, and in connection with your US employment

Do not depart the United States until your advance parole is approved, and you must return by the deadline provided in the advance parole approval notice

If you wish to remain abroad for a particularly long time, perhaps studying abroad makes the most sense. Realistically, DACA won't be around long enough for you to spend enough time abroad to wait out your husbands period of inadmissibility arising from his unlawful presence. So be prepared to either transition to some other status or seek immigration in some third country

Comment

Ok, so how long are the permits for if its for humanitarians purposes? Also can I apply more than once to go out of the country? If I get approved once, and go and come back within the time permitted, could I apply again, for other purposes, like school? Or is this a one time deal only?
          Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X