Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics notice for I-765

Hi everyone,

I just received a notice for my biometrics appointment, but the notice says it's for the I-765 application. I thought however that biometrics would be related to my AOS application.

Has anyone experienced this before? Will I have to do two biometrics? I sent I-765 along with I-485,

Also, I'm currently overstay, and I wonder if I should be worried about being picked up by ICE when I show up for my biometrics?

Should I be worried?

Thanks, everyone!

They might have made a mistake. If they did you still won't have to take it again. I'm sure they will just use the same biometrics for your i-485.

And
    No you will not be picked up by ICE at the biometrics.

Comment

Originally posted by steadygaze View Post
      Hi everyone,

I just received a notice for my biometrics appointment, but the notice says it's for the I-765 application. I thought however that biometrics would be related to my AOS application.

Has anyone experienced this before? Will I have to do two biometrics? I sent I-765 along with I-485,

Also, I'm currently overstay, and I wonder if I should be worried about being picked up by ICE when I show up for my biometrics?

Should I be worried?

Thanks, everyone!
      This is normal..i received two biometrics notice myself. One for I-485 and one for I-765. i received the biometrics notice for I-485 first and two days later received the one for I-765. Both for different dates and they were 9 days apart. I was worried and i called the NBC customer care and the lady put me on hold and came back telling me i should ignore the second notice. But,on the day of my biometrics,i went in with both notice and both letters were stamped for me that i came for the biometrics. My guess is you may still receive another notice,when you do,go to the first date but go in with the two biometrics notice.

I have a friend who came in with a visitor visa like four years ago and overstayed or just decided to stay back..he got his EAD May this year and going for interview soon. I have other friends who have gotten their green cards and citizenship and they all overstayed their visas.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X