Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child on L2, got EAD, can work?

Hello everyone,

I currently have a L2 visa as I am a child of my father, who is on L1 visa. I know that only spouse of L1 can work in the US. However, with our application for green card pending, I got EAD (a plastic "Employment Authorization Card" which can also serve as Advanced Parole). So the question is am I eligible to get a SSN and work in the US with that card (still being on L2 visa). Do I have to meet any special requirements (except for being 18, of course)? Feel so excited being unable to work in the US at all.

Originally posted by qAnAthemA View Post
    Hello everyone,

I currently have a L2 visa as I am a child of my father, who is on L1 visa. I know that only spouse of L1 can work in the US. However, with our application for green card pending, I got EAD (a plastic "Employment Authorization Card" which can also serve as Advanced Parole). So the question is am I eligible to get a SSN and work in the US with that card (still being on L2 visa). Do I have to meet any special requirements (except for being 18, of course)? Feel so excited being unable to work in the US at all.
    Once you start using the EAD associated with your Green Card filing (AOS) you no longer are on L2.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by qAnAthemA View Post
      Hello everyone,

Yes, you can get an SSN and you can work.

As scientist2016 said, you will lose L2 status if you work, but as you have I-485 pending, you can stay in the US regardless of whether you have status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X