B2 Visa for my aunt who is widow and we want to sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa for my aunt who is widow and we want to sponsor

My mom and aunt (Mother's sister) want to visit us together and my husband (he is on L1B and I don't work) is sponsoring their visa. But my aunt is widow and not working, also my father is not traveling with my mom. So I am confused about what are chances that my aunt will get B2 visa and what is the best we can do for her?

My mom also does not have visa yet and they will go together for their interview. If by any chance my aunt sponsors her trip (chances are less) then how much money she should show?

Please help, thanks in advance.

She needs to show strong ties to home country such as property, money, income, family etc.

There is no specific standard but the money should be enough to take care of the US trip expenses. Something like $5,000 should be fine.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

OK, thanks for replying. I have some more concerns:
      1) I am gonna fill in my mom's DS-160 my aunt as a co-traveler, will it be positive point for my aunt to get visa? Or in this way might be my mom lose some chances to get visa.
      2) If asked by VO to my aunt the purpose of visit, will it be ok to say that my sister is not comfortable traveling alone and I also want to visit my niece.
      3) If my husband sponsors my aunt visa and also she will show some bank balance but not much and family pics to VO, will it increase her chances to get visa?

Also, I don't want to lose any chance for my mom to get visa, that's why confused should I send my mom first for interview or my aunt?

Comment

Hi, Can anyone please advice me on this issue?

Thanks.

Comment

B2

It's going to be more difficult for your aunt but they will be considered on their own merits even though they are going together. It's possible for one to be approved and another denied. she can take pictures but they more than likely won't even look at them.
          This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for replying, as my aunt is widow but she has two sons and a daughter in India only (all married) and a house. Both sons are working well, will it be a good idea to show her sons income and financial status?

And for my mom, as father won't travel with her due to some medical issues. Also, my parents are living with my brother in India (who is married) and they have one elder daughter also in India. So I think, in this way my mom will be able to show strong ties to home country. Is that ok?

And the main reason of their travel is that I am due with my baby and really want my mom and aunt to visit me, but many people told me not to mention pregnancy thing at the time of interview, because they might considered them as nanny and maids.

Please, please help me. very confused.

Comment

Someone please reply, Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X