Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining re-entry after maxout of L1b visa

Hello,

I have a L1b visa initially issued in Nov 2011. My initial Visa was issued for 2 years and 6 months. That's till July 2014. I had taken a vacation in 2013 for 5 weeks. This made 5 weeks of out-of-usa days and when I went for renewal of L1b visa, these five weeks were recaptured. I was issued visa till Dec 2016. However while I went to India for L1b renewal in 2015 june, I stayed in India for 1 month and 15 days. Thus, in Dec 2016, when my L1b was about to expire - I had two options: 1. To apply for an extension for the vacation period 1 month 15 days or 2. To go out of country for a year (since I have maxed out the 5 year period). I chose the second option and moved out of USA.

My question: when can I apply for a US Visa? Since, I left USA in Dec 2016 (leaving 1 month 15 days of vacation time not captured in the 5 year max out period) can I apply for US Visa in mid-october or do I need to wait for 365 days out-of-US before applying?

Please advise me basing on your/your family and friends' experiences! Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation!

It does not matter how much time was left on your previous visa. You have to wait for 365 days after your previous departure to be able to apply for a fresh visa. If not, you will be given only the amount of time left over from your previous visa i.e., it will not be considered a fresh application.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X